We need a way to interact with Robin while she's working on the farm.

noobsqoou

Planter
If she's merely upgrading a building (coop, barn, shed, farmhouse) then she can be interacted with. However, if she's making a new building, she's always out of reach. This means I can't complete Help Wanted quests or give her birthday gifts.

I'd like to see one of two ways to fix this:
  1. Allow us to talk to her while she's working.
  2. Make some sort of interactive feature at her counter in the carpentry shop where we can leave requested items and gifts.
The first option would be pretty straightforward for the player, but the second would be sorta fun/cute thematically, like once she gets home she's got a little gift waiting for her or that item she requested has been dropped off. Maybe the second option could even be made to where next morning the player gets a letter in the mail thanking them for the item(s).

If she's merely upgrading a building (coop, barn, shed, farmhouse) then she can be interacted with. However, if she's making a new building, she's always out of reach. This means I can't complete Help Wanted quests or give her birthday gifts.

I'd like to see one of two ways to fix this:
  1. Allow us to talk to her while she's working.
  2. Make some sort of interactive feature at her counter in the carpentry shop where we can leave requested items and gifts.
The first option would be pretty straightforward for the player, but the second would be sorta fun/cute thematically, like once she gets home she's got a little gift waiting for her or that item she requested has been dropped off. Maybe the second option could even be made to where next morning the player gets a letter in the mail thanking them for the item(s).
I second that idea.

3. possibility is to have Maru at the counter as representative...

Quirinea

Farmer
I've always had to plan around this in order to make sure I can still give her a birthday present. This would make life so much easier.
Birthday is not so bad, because you know it beforehand. But I ordered a building and the next day Robin posted a request. Dang. That day she was unreachable, the next day she was unreachable and then the quest expired. (another solution: disable Robin sending a quest when she's building; preferably limited to those occasions when she's out of reach).

Quirinea

Farmer
I second that idea.

3. possibility is to have Maru at the counter as representative...
Or Sebastian looking grumpy and awkward? (Maru's got her scheduled job at the clinic). Or Sebastian or Demetrius randomly, both seeming to be out of place?

(reminds me of an incidence at my hometown, loong ago. There was a little handwork shop (threads, crochets, etc.) owned by an elderly lady whose husband was a retired police. Now it once happened that she had some errands and the husband was behind the desk. All well until someone sent her husband to buy something, trusting that the lady knows what is needed...)