Was Robin dateable in previous versions?

Mukaofssn

Farmhand
I bounced upon the wiki looking at the characters previous versions or sketches and upon looking at the portraits of Robin, it depicts her in what is possibly her night dress as it is for the dateable NPCs. Was there a version previously where Robin could be married?

imnvs

Local Legend
I wish I could marry Robin, TBH.
If there was only one mod that allowed for marrying Robin, I would link it to save you the trouble of finding it... but there are a few, so I'd hate to steer you to one that I don't know well and have it not be the best one, and then I'm to blame when your farm/save gets bugged. A quick search on Nexus Mods should find you a few.

rancornick

Newcomer
If there was only one mod that allowed for marrying Robin, I would link it to save you the trouble of finding it... but there are a few, so I'd hate to steer you to one that I don't know well and have it not be the best one, and then I'm to blame when your farm/save gets bugged. A quick search on Nexus Mods should find you a few.
Thank you! Although I do own SDV on PC, I play it mostly on switch, so...no mods.

imnvs

Local Legend
I haven't gone far in the game till the islands, guess those costumes are to do with that part of it.
Yup.

Also, I'll note, if you scroll down to the "history" section of Robin's page on the wiki, it does say that (actually) most of the portraits you see there were added at 1.5, 4 of them being beach portraits. 😉

Salty1

Planter
Well, there's another event where Robin dresses up in a fashion that is atypical to her usual - without spoiling too much, you'd want to get Emily to 8 hearts to see that event.

Odin

Staff member
upon looking at the portraits of Robin, it depicts her in what is possibly her night dress as it is for the dateable NPCs.
This is a spoiler for 1.5: What you're seeing is her swimsuit portraits, which are used for Ginger Island. It's not a night dress, although I can understand the mix-up if you haven't played the latest update. Also worth mention that none of the marriage candidates have custom nighttime portraits, although they do have custom sprites for sleeping.