Vinegar and tuxedo cats

Vinegar is the only thing you need but cannot make, forage, cook, craft, fish for, grow yourself. Vinegar should be a byproduct of say, apples in keg. For gameplay elegance, there should be a way to make or find vinegar without having to buy it from Pierre.
IRL one gets vinegar if you don't take care in making wine. To make wine one needs only one fermentation, for vinegar two.
So I think vinegar should be made when using wine with a keg. There is already a mod for it: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/5037
Also there could be a smaller chance to get vinegar instead of wine as long as one hasn't a higher skill level. Let's say before having level 5 in farming skills.

BTW regarding wine:
I think it would be nice if one can sell wine at the Stardew Valley Fair. Also some special tasks from Gus to produce wine for him would be cool.
And having some graphical indication of the fruit the wine is from would be nice as well. There is a mod for too, but I have just not found it.

Here is a nice mod which I would like to see added as another regular farm building:

I love the idea of vinegar either from rice or having a small percentage of wines come out as vinegar.

Another option, probably less elegant: if you ignore a keg telling you that wine is ready for a full 24 hours then you’d get vinegar. That way there is no change to how rice works (but I would love for rice to have a bigger part to play) and it would be harder for you to accidentally loose a valuable wine like ancient fruit.

Salmonberry vinegar for all my salads! And I think my wife Leah would appreciate it greatly as well.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Mmmmm, salmonberry vine gar sounds good.
Not to be confused with a vinegaroon though: