Verification Message When Giving Gifts

fyn

Tiller
As a newcomer to the game, I'm not too familiar with the characters in Pelican Town, which has lead to this issue.

A few times now, I've made the mistake of accidentally giving gifts to the wrong villagers, and because they instantly accept the gift, there's no chance for me to rectify the mistake which is unfortunate. For example, I accepted a quest from the quest board to deliver a fresh cauliflower to Jodi, but at the same time, I also had a quest to deliver a sunfish to Caroline. I ended up accidentally giving Caroline the gold-quality cabbage, that I intended to give to Jodi, which is unfortunate.

As a result, I propose that there should be a pop-up box that reads something along the lines of "Are you sure you'd like to gift (insert item) to (insert villager)?". Maybe the picture of the villager with their name below it could be shown too as if you're in a conversation with them. I imagine there are also people who'd find this annoying, so it'd be nice if they could have the option to turn it off in the settings.

Thanks for considering my suggestion!

imnvs

Local Legend
I have accidently given people stuff that pissed them off... just... SO many times. When you go to give another player something in an MP game, it asks for confirmation. Why not when giving to NPCs too? Seems reasonable to me.

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
I very much agree with this! It would be a more than welcome quality-of-life change for me. I've been known to accidentally gift an NPC who was standing directly next to the intended recipient. This has been especially problematic when trying to complete bulletin board quests, or even certain mailbox quests. Imagine spending a good chunk of the day gathering something for an NPC, only to give it to someone else by mistake.

Baconfry

Sodbuster
I don't like the idea of adding a confirmation box for every gifting attempt. I give a lot of gifts in year 1 and dealing with all those extra prompts would get really annoying. But I do think it would be a good idea to have that confirmation prompt when trying to gift something for a Help Wanted quest to the wrong person.

imnvs

Local Legend
I don't like the idea of adding a confirmation box for every gifting attempt. I give a lot of gifts in year 1 and dealing with all those extra prompts would get really annoying. But I do think it would be a good idea to have that confirmation prompt when trying to gift something for a Help Wanted quest to the wrong person.
What if it was an option to be toggled in the settings?

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
Yeah, I think this kind of feature would be the most ideal as something that you could toggle on or off in the options menu, rather than something that can't be turned off. It would probably be turned off by default, but could be turned on in the in-game options menu.

Reactions: fyn

PorkChop

Planter
Yes!

I can see why they get pissed of if I randomly hand them a stone or a piece of bait.

Just the same dialogue you get when you eat something would be enough.
Just so you know...
you spelled off wrong. Not trying to be rude or anything.