Windows Using Alt+Enter to maximize and un-maximize shifts chest UI off screen

whutsurnaym

Greenhorn
Windows 10, Stardew v1.6.2 build 24081

When you open a chest inventory UI (opening a chest, fishing up a treasure chest, etc.) and then toggle fullscreen using Alt+Enter, the entire inventory UI shifts down and to the right. Repeatedly hitting Alt+Enter shifts the chest UI entirely off the screen. In cases where ESC doesn't exit the chest inventory window (for instance, after opening a chest received while fishing but before emptying that chest), the game will become essentially unresponsive and has to be force-exited.

Attachments

cinnayeon

Greenhorn
Having the same problem... Just opened the level 100 skull cavern reward chest, wanted to take a screenshot so I pressed Alt+Enter to enter windowed mode. Game is unresponsive since the chest contents are not on the screen/can't be exited through escape, have to force-close :(

Update from like 10 minutes after: I waited a bit, randomly decided to press my WASD keys and I somehow got out of the chest UI. Therefore no longer soft locked, yay!

Last edited:

whutsurnaym

Greenhorn
Having the same problem... Just opened the level 100 skull cavern reward chest, wanted to take a screenshot so I pressed Alt+Enter to enter windowed mode. Game is unresponsive since the chest contents are not on the screen/can't be exited through escape, have to force-close :(

Update from like 10 minutes after: I waited a bit, randomly decided to press my WASD keys and I somehow got out of the chest UI. Therefore no longer soft locked, yay!
I wish that had worked for me! It occurred to me afterwards that I probably could've plugged in a controller and blindly transferred the items out of the reward chest using those controls. In the end, I just force quit and had to redo a whole day of fishing.

liquidcat

Staff member
Hi! Can you please post about your issue to the central thread to help keep things organized. Please add your issue there, as well as any additional information you are able to provide and thank you for reporting!