Solved Updating with GOG

Corvus

Sodbuster
I bought the game through GOG in December, not opting for Galaxy. Last night I decided to get off of my butt and update to 1.5.6 but when I went to the GOG site there was no clear way to redownload the game files.

If I go to my orders I can see the receipt number, date, and payment amount and method but no link or button to download the file.

If I go to the store I can find it with In Library marked and from there, move it to the cart. In the cart, though it comes up with $0.00 left to pay but Complete Your Order is greyed out with two warnings -- You can’t buy some of the products. Please review your order. and Please select the payment method. Also, Gift This Order is permachecked with the notice, This order can only be gifted as it contains an item you already own.

Selecting a payment makes the amount owed jump to the current price, $14.99, but still says I have to give it as a gift.

I contacted GOG last night but there is no reply as yet so I ask the community: How do you update the game when purchased through GOG?

Lew Zealand

Helper
I buy as much as I can from GOG and don't use Galaxy except for it's ease in downloading large games and their updates (like CP2077 got today!). SDV doesn't need this and I don't use Galaxy for it.

Here's what to do:

Logged in to gog.com, click your name from the tab bar and select Games
Search Stardew if you have too many games like me
Hover over it and click the little down arrow and then View Downloads
Click Download offline backup game installers.

If you're using a Mac, all you get is the v1.5.6 full 444MB installer like this:
SDV-Mac.png

Download and install that.

If you're using a PC, then you'll get a number of choices:
SDV-PC.png

Depending on which version you have you'll need to install that updater but IMO that's a waste of time unless you're omniscient and know your version by Junimo magic and stuff. Just download the full 587MB installer on top and install that one. I prefer to uninstall SDV first on my PC (and keep your Save Files when it asks!!) and then reinstall the current version because there's a fat chance I know which of those v1.5.6.1-800-DRUIDIA versions I have.

Corvus

Sodbuster
Aha! That's it. My eyes skipped right past Games when I went down to Orders. Thank you.

I knew it had to be something simple I was overlooking since they brag about no DRMs.