Update to Common Suggestions?

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
It might be time to update the common suggestions sticky; I find myself suffering déjà vu, bopping back and forth between related posts, trying to remember which one has a particular comment and such.

Broadly speaking, it seems like there are a few main recurring themes:

"Make my spouse more interactive and my kids more interesting!"
People want their spouse to care about them passing out or getting kayoed in the mines; they want to be able to go on dates; they want their kids to get a little older and help/play on the farm; they want to be able to adopt and have more platonic-partner options, or be able to marry older residents. Also, it drives some of us absolutely bonkers that Farmer and Spouse are like, "Well, I'm off to town! Don't eat poison or burn down the house, tiny unattended toddler! We'll be back after dark!" And lastly, there's apparently a reasonably large community that would like to see multiple-partner families as an option; I think that would be neat, but probably wicked hard to implement, especially with more immersive dialogue.

"Give us new places to go, and/or make X location more useful!"
Pretty self-explanatory, with Zuzu City the front-runner in popularity. Lots of people would also like to see the Train Station better integrated.

"Better market dynamics, please!"
This one has a number of different angles, but people seem to want (a) new crops or better fermented products; (b) dynamic price-changes based on farm production; (c) changed mechanics for the slime hutch or fish ponds.

"Fish! Fish-fishy-fi****ty-fish!"
The biggest, most-consistent thing I see here is a desire for more information about the fishies. There are at least two threads where people are asking for better tips and hints; as it is, I think a lot of people need to check a strategy guide to figure out where and when a particular type is biting.

"More inclusivity in character options, por favor!"
Non-binary option added to male/female gender choice; more graphic options that aren't strongly masculine or feminine. Stardew already does a pretty good job of normalizing whatever gender/appearance/sex choices you make, and this would be a nice way to easily expand that.

"More immersive dialogue!" (Ties in with spouses)
Anything that makes people respond more specifically to what's happening in the big picture, or what the player is doing in the moment, would make EVERYBODY happier, I think. It's especially glaring that in-laws don't ever ask about grandkids or seem to talk about the player joining the family.

"Joja vs. CC!"
Okay, so this one is maybe on my radar because of a recent post, but it's another of those immersive-dialogue/dynamic town things. Stuff should change more depending on which route you take; the CC, in particular, is underused. Good suggestions I've seen have been teaching classes there, having community theatre events, specific events triggering because villagers are spending more time there, etc.

"Farm equipment/efficiencies!"
Suggestions for tweaks to existing things or new items. I'm going to shamelessly promote ideas I had here (I'm running out of time and it's easier than looking up more examples😝): horse-drawn plough to help speed up tilling, and adding a hopper to the seed-maker.

And that's about it. Let's grab the best ideas and consolidate them in one place, to make it easy for everybody to see what's been suggested and add their own input to those ideas! :)

It might be time to update the common suggestions sticky; I find myself suffering déjà vu, bopping back and forth between related posts, trying to remember which one has a particular comment and such.

Broadly speaking, it seems like there are a few main recurring themes:

People want their spouse to care about them passing out or getting kayoed in the mines; they want to be able to go on dates; they want their kids to get a little older and help/play on the farm; they want to be able to adopt and have more platonic-partner options, or be able to marry older residents. Also, it drives some of us absolutely bonkers that Farmer and Spouse are like, "Well, I'm off to town! Don't eat poison or burn down the house, tiny unattended toddler! We'll be back after dark!" And lastly, there's apparently a reasonably large community that would like to see multiple-partner families as an option; I think that would be neat, but probably wicked hard to implement, especially with more immersive dialogue.

"Give us new places to go, and/or make X location more useful!"
Pretty self-explanatory, with Zuzu City the front-runner in popularity. Lots of people would also like to see the Train Station better integrated.

"More immersive dialogue!" (Ties in with spouses)
Anything that makes people respond more specifically to what's happening in the big picture, or what the player is doing in the moment, would make EVERYBODY happier, I think. It's especially glaring that in-laws don't ever ask about grandkids or seem to talk about the player joining the family.

"Joja vs. CC!"
Okay, so this one is maybe on my radar because of a recent post, but it's another of those immersive-dialogue/dynamic town things. Stuff should change more depending on which route you take; the CC, in particular, is underused. Good suggestions I've seen have been teaching classes there, having community theatre events, specific events triggering because villagers are spending more time there, etc.

And that's about it. Let's grab the best ideas and consolidate them in one place, to make it easy for everybody to see what's been suggested and add their own input to those ideas! :)
I want this!

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
😂 I just noticed that it auto-censored my "fish-fishy-fish-itty-fish." I wonder how many words incorporate the Banned Sequences...

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Did you forget?

👻

Edit: Whoa. That ghost is a lot less goofy than it was supposed to be. O_o
narrator: she did, in fact, forget

though honestly, i'm looking at the post and i'm trying to understand exactly what kind of arrangements you want me to make. i'm kinda having a brain fart here. are you suggesting a different way of categorizing, or simply just combining some suggestions?

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
narrator: she did, in fact, forget

though honestly, i'm looking at the post and i'm trying to understand exactly what kind of arrangements you want me to make. i'm kinda having a brain fart here. are you suggesting a different way of categorizing, or simply just combining some suggestions?
Phew! Sorry about the delayed reply. Eheheh...

Anyway, it's not entirely either one. The current categorization--by likelihood of a change being implemented--is good to know, but it's not particularly useful in terms of quickly seeing whether or not a potential suggestion has already been covered. Maybe there should be a couple of clearinghouses for different topics, so that one may skim a list, say, of "New Crop Suggestions" or "New Areas, Please!" So lumping similar suggestions together (with some links to pertinent threads, if you're especially ambitious) would make things a little easier.

Also, honestly, part of the reason I suggested updating the sticky is because it's listed as having been authored on June 14, 2020, and the last activity was also June 14, 2020. I was actually surprised when I went in there and saw that the list had been updated to reflect the 1.5 changes; I had assumed that nothing had been changed in the last six months. :P

Regardless, I think it would be helpful for everybody if there were some kind of... winnowing process, perhaps. So that common, popularly supported suggestions would be easy to find. There's enough activity here that some really solid ideas eventually slide down the list until they're languishing several pages down in the thread list.

I hope that sort of makes sense?

tomaO2

Planter
I'm of the opinion that every idea should have it's own thread. No reason to have multiple threads of the same idea, and having the idea listed in the title helps to find it when checking to see if it's been suggested before. Maybe the suggestion index could link to the thread of each individual idea listed as well?

I have 1 other idea to add for our spouses. I really wish they would remember the day we were married and have an anniversary date with our characters. And this could be tricky, but it would be lovely if the date was different every time.

And what about a birthday for our characters & our kids? Pretty much everyone else gets one. So why can't we? I mean, so long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's set birthday.