Update "Empty Pond"

kijo

Greenhorn
I notice that by clicking "Empty Pond" that the fishes all disappear and aren't thrown into my inventory/bag. Is there a way for an update to change this from happening, and instead, collects all fish from pond and be placed into inventory/bag.

I know you can "fish" them out, but its a literal pain in the butt to collect all fish without a mod. IDK if there's a tool I'm missing to be able to fish them out automatically either, but hopefully this could be changed. Whether by a skill level, or by a tool, just wish there was an easier avenue to go about emptying a pond without destroying the fish.

I think it depends on you understanding of "empty" something. For me it would be fine, to get all fishes in ones inventory when emptying. But it's also no problem to fish all out beforehand.
BTW: you can move filled ponds at Robins if you just want to relocate them.

Kurachi84

Planter
I use mods, so i can freeze or slow down time, but i guess for those without mods, it could be very useful to be doing that faster, like emptying a pond into the bags, if said bags aren't full.
It's a nice QoL suggestion, for sure. Maybe just an option, like "Would you like to keep the fish?" then "Yes" would do so, and "No" would delete them.
Of course an error that does nothing with the fish, would appear with the "Yes" option if the bags are full.

imnvs

Local Legend
I know you can "fish" them out, but its a literal pain in the butt to collect all fish without a mod.
How is it a literal pain in the butt to fish the fish from a fish pond? No bait or lure are needed. You just cast, and as soon as your hook hits the water you click again. You don't have to wait for the ! telling you to pull, and you'll pull out a fish without the fishing mini-game. It literally takes a couple seconds per fish.

That said, the fact that emptying the pond just trashes the fish instead of giving them to you is not intuitive. At the least it should ask for confirmation after telling you that you'll lose the fish, or you should get the fish.

kijo

Greenhorn
How is it a literal pain in the butt to fish the fish from a fish pond? No bait or lure are needed. You just cast, and as soon as your hook hits the water you click again. You don't have to wait for the ! telling you to pull, and you'll pull out a fish without the fishing mini-game. It literally takes a couple seconds per fish.

That said, the fact that emptying the pond just trashes the fish instead of giving them to you is not intuitive. At the least it should ask for confirmation after telling you that you'll lose the fish, or you should get the fish.
I do not use mods, so I had 12 ponds with 10 fish to fish out. I wouldn't suggest this if it were just one pond. But yes, I sadly lost my 10 Lingcods without knowing it wasn't going to an inventory. I just didn't want to focus on ONLY fishing out fish all day when my farm is made up of (Four Corners) 1 corner for fish, 1 corner for inventory, 1 corner for farm, and the last corner for animals. Just thought the suggestion could help people like me who do have more than a normal amount of ponds on their farms.

kijo

Greenhorn
I use mods, so i can freeze or slow down time, but i guess for those without mods, it could be very useful to be doing that faster, like emptying a pond into the bags, if said bags aren't full.
It's a nice QoL suggestion, for sure. Maybe just an option, like "Would you like to keep the fish?" then "Yes" would do so, and "No" would delete them.
Of course an error that does nothing with the fish, would appear with the "Yes" option if the bags are full.
I don't use mods, but I've seen my friends use the time freeze mod which I think is a cool feature. For non-mod players like me... literally felt like my day was wasted just fishing out the 10 fishes per pond, I had 12 ponds. This was my 2nd attempt to rearranging my farm up, but it was just a bit much when I wanted to do other tasks to keep my days on point - yet all I did was fish my ponds, go to Ras to move ponds around, and place each back in.

Placing them in was not a problem, just "emptying" was a mission in itself :sweat:

kijo

Greenhorn
Wait... you were rearranging, so you emptied, moved and refilled the ponds?

Don't do that. You can move the ponds with the fish still in them.
Oh no, I understand, but I didn't know if I wanted them or not when I rearranged it. I honestly didn't want to make multiple trips if I had changed my mind that I wanted to keep the fish ponds, or which one I wanted to keep. So I basically just had to fish them all out and made my mind up as I went xD

May I suggest the stardew planner. It seems like you would possibly benefit from this. It would limit you fishpond related problems so you only have to empty the ones you need

It would be cute to have farm wildlife. Beyond the crow (rip Brandon Lee). Like have a rabbit show up. Birds, crabs/crawfish by water sources, racoons, or fish's that show up to your water sources depending your perfection value (black/natural goldfish for low, orange/white for 50%, silver koi for 90% and a dragon fish for 100)

It would be cute to have farm wildlife. Beyond the crow (rip Brandon Lee). Like have a rabbit show up. Birds, crabs/crawfish by water sources, racoons, or fish's that show up to your water sources depending your perfection value (black/natural goldfish for low, orange/white for 50%, silver koi for 90% and a dragon fish for 100)
I am not sure, if everybody wants that.
Maybe if so it should give a "scarecrow" for every type of wild animal so everyone can "clean" the farm as much as one like.

I just wish that our ponds can be decorated with lotus flowers, koi fish, and a Gourmand statue. –in Japanese style.
Also, use sprinklers to make a beautiful fountain.
Regarding ponds one can change the look already by "open" it and click "change decorations" (needs at least one fish in it, see https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Fish_Pond#Notes).
Maybe this could be enhanced with more decorations like statues etc...

@Freizeitfarmer

I agree with you. –The fish ponds are fine. Maybe adding some aesthetics would be nicer.

I meant... we got two ordinary ponds in our default farming game.
These ponds particularly need some update too.
Rather than using it for rice farming, putting crab trappers, and watching ducks swim, we should have the ability to have a Japanese-style pond garden or something else.

@Zen_the_Ogre is not wrong about it.
It would be cute to add something there.

Last edited:

Ellajoy

Rancher
I want to add another idea.

I have a very feminine aesthetic when it comes to that.

I just wish that our ponds can be decorated with lotus flowers, koi fish, and a Gourmand statue. –in Japanese style.
Also, use sprinklers to make a beautiful fountain.
Yes!!
Would you also get the past level fish?