Unofficial mod updates

Agent Lyoko

Farmhand
Yes! I've been using that along with the 72.. ^^' I appreciate the alternative
but now I have half the capacity I usually use. (my inventory is usually full bc I am always doing something lol)
For the record, while we both wait for an unofficial update to this, note that if you already had 72 prior to the update you will still actually have 72 slots! The extra 3 (2 if using Bigger Backpack) just won't be visible, but you can tab to the other rows in the meantime (i.e. if you hit tab 4 times, you'll go to your previously-hidden fifth row).

kanadeyoru

Cowpoke
For the record, Lumisteria is active and updating mods. You might want to check with the mod makers before asking others to duplicate effort.

This goes for a lot of folks, actually. I can appreciate the desire to update everything now, but I'm seeing a lot of people just asking about all their mods without doing the least bit of research first.

I'd rather see the people here scrambling to help being allowed to focus on abandoned mods (Aedenthorn's, Yellog, the aquarium, etc) than having to filter through mods whose makers will update it themselves. It can dent goodwill by both the original makers and the unofficial helpers.

(Obviously this does not apply if you WERE checking, even if your list is long).
I asked for Lumisteria furniture mods to be updated because they hadn't been updated for years, and the DGA version wasn't made by Lumisteria, so I thought Lumisteria wasn't interested in updating their furniture mods anymore.

CokePepzi

Greenhorn
For the record, while we both wait for an unofficial update to this, note that if you already had 72 prior to the update you will still actually have 72 slots! The extra 3 (2 if using Bigger Backpack) just won't be visible, but you can tab to the other rows in the meantime (i.e. if you hit tab 4 times, you'll go to your previously-hidden fifth row).
Oh sweet! thanks for the heads up c:
I don't mind the wait I'm just grateful a thread like this exists so we can get updates for mods that aren't ever gonna be touched anytime soon.

mistermkay

Greenhorn
Sorry to bring this back up, but I think it got lost in the flood of requests. Is there any way that Almanac could be updated, please? It's such a great QoL UI mod and I don't believe the modder is actively updating it since the last update was Nov 2022. Thanks in advance!

Sep

Greenhorn
I'd like to second this and also remind folks to be patient with updaters here and original authors on Nexus! Not so much here, but mainly on Nexus, I've seen a lot of nagging in comments, messages in all caps, and repeated calls for updates. Remember authors and updaters are all doing this voluntarily and have their own lives to work around. Things will happen when they do!

Fantastic work is being done, though, we're all grateful. Take care of yourselves and take your time 😊
All good points! I did check with StarAmy before asking about Breeding Overhaul. She said she plans to update her mods but has a huge backlog and would appreciate any help. I might try doing the Content Patcher side of things myself but I'm not sure if the C# needs fixing, and I've not learned the language yet.

I'm so thankful that people have been incredibly polite in the comments for my own mods. Maybe because it's less game-breaking if they're not compatible, but I've been really impressed with people; and also how grateful they are when I do update. Everyone should be as gracious as them!

For the record, Lumisteria is active and updating mods. You might want to check with the mod makers before asking others to duplicate effort.

This goes for a lot of folks, actually. I can appreciate the desire to update everything now, but I'm seeing a lot of people just asking about all their mods without doing the least bit of research first.

I'd rather see the people here scrambling to help being allowed to focus on abandoned mods (Aedenthorn's, Yellog, the aquarium, etc) than having to filter through mods whose makers will update it themselves. It can dent goodwill by both the original makers and the unofficial helpers.

(Obviously this does not apply if you WERE checking, even if your list is long).
You're right, I got excited and charged ahead without thinking. I'll reach out to Lumisteria to apologize and offer my conversions if they want to post them themselves, save them a bit of work if they haven't done them already

Tyre_4770

Greenhorn
Hi, it's me again. (': I went ahead and updated things that smapi said had an update and I assume I'm going by what it failed to add in as to what I'm still looking for:

♥Advanced Loot Framework
♥Buff Framework
♥Deep Woods
♥Better Artisan Good Icons
♥Dynamic Game Assets
♥Gradient Hair Colors
♥Paritee's Better Farm Animal Variety
♥PFMAutomate
♥Profit Calculator

There's also a bunch that say they have no update key, but it didn't say they weren't added? Here's that list just in case in a pastebin. I assume the fashion sense mods shouldn't need to be updated along with a few other things but I'm slapping it here just in case, even though it's likely useless to.
Also, it says it skipped 106 mods but only gave the ones I listed as not being added, save for a few that depend on the ones I listed because I felt like I didn't need to list those until it says they're not compatible.

Have any of these been updated unofficially?

meggiee

Sodbuster
That was either me or meggiee probably. Nothing posted up yet. The ones I'm working on are giving me issues at Marnie's shop
Yeah, same exact problem! The most I've ever modded was creating AT packs, so I am trying to understand more of the new CP conversion to iron out the issues.
There are a lot of BFAV popular mods where the author has said they're updating it, like Crows and Phoenixes, but I had so many other BFAV mods that haven't been touched since 2017, so I don't think they'll ever get an update any other way...

sakialyn

Farmhand
That was either me or meggiee probably. Nothing posted up yet. The ones I'm working on are giving me issues at Marnie's shop
Might be similar to the issue I'm having after converting all my own BFAV mods that haven't been updated yet. The 'purchase animal' window won't open but I haven't had time to debug it just yet.

meggiee

Sodbuster
Hi, it's me again. (': I went ahead and updated things that smapi said had an update and I assume I'm going by what it failed to add in as to what I'm still looking for:

♥Advanced Loot Framework
♥Buff Framework
♥Deep Woods
♥Better Artisan Good Icons
♥Dynamic Game Assets
♥Gradient Hair Colors
♥Paritee's Better Farm Animal Variety
♥PFMAutomate
♥Profit Calculator

There's also a bunch that say they have no update key, but it didn't say they weren't added? Here's that list just in case in a pastebin. I assume the fashion sense mods shouldn't need to be updated along with a few other things but I'm slapping it here just in case, even though it's likely useless to.
Also, it says it skipped 106 mods but only gave the ones I listed as not being added, save for a few that depend on the ones I listed because I felt like I didn't need to list those until it says they're not compatible.

Have any of these been updated unofficially?
Both DGA, Paritee's BFAV and BAGI are now considered obsolete, and the authors haven't really been active in a long while, so I think there won't be an update any time soon, if there ever will be.
Advanced Loot, Buff Framework are by aedenthorn, who retired, so you'll have to rely on other modders picking them up.
Deep Woods will be updated by the author, as they said on nexus
Gradient Hair Colors is a FS mod, so theoretically it should have no issues, but there is no info on an update...the author is still active on nexus though.
PFMAutomate author said on nexus that they'll update it, but has other mods to prioritize
Profit Calculator is by the same author of Gradient Hair Colors, so no news. You could try In-Game Profit Calculator, since it will be updated.

Thanks for the update! I'm getting this error though when trying to load it:

[Content Patcher] Error preloading content pack 'Make Marlon Real'. Technical details:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP] Make Marlon Real\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
Technical details: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'Changes[3].Entries.FriendsAndFamily.Gus', line 125, position 3.
at StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialization.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFileIfExists[TModel](String fullPath, TModel& result) in E:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI.Toolkit\Serialization\JsonHelper.cs:line 86
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in E:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:line 76
at ContentPatcher.Framework.RawContentPack.TryReloadContent(String& error) in E:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\Framework\RawContentPack.cs:line 80
at ContentPatcher.ModEntry.GetContentPacks()+MoveNext() in E:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\ModEntry.cs:line 431
Sorry, I missed a comma! I'm still new to coding mods. I fixed it and it loaded without any errors in SMAPI. Please let me know if anything else comes up and feel free to dm me for a faster response if so :)

Edit: file removed while bugs get worked out

Last edited:

Tyre_4770

Greenhorn
Both DGA, Paritee's BFAV and BAGI are now considered obsolete, and the authors haven't really been active in a long while, so I think there won't be an update any time soon, if there ever will be.
Advanced Loot, Buff Framework are by aedenthorn, who retired, so you'll have to rely on other modders picking them up.
Deep Woods will be updated by the author, as they said on nexus
Gradient Hair Colors is a FS mod, so theoretically it should have no issues, but there is no info on an update...the author is still active on nexus though.
PFMAutomate author said on nexus that they'll update it, but has other mods to prioritize
Profit Calculator is by the same author of Gradient Hair Colors, so no news. You could try In-Game Profit Calculator, since it will be updated.
So for DGA, BFAV, & BAGI - can I just remove them and be fine, or is there an alternative?
Hmm, Gradient Hair Colors said it couldn't be added because it was no longer compatible, so I guess I'll just wait to see what happens there.
I'll give the profit calc alternative a try!

Thank you ♥

Meevers

Greenhorn
Sorry, I missed a comma! I'm still new to coding mods. I fixed it and it loaded without any errors in SMAPI. Please let me know if anything else comes up and feel free to dm me for a faster response if so :)
Thanks so much for the update again! I tried to DM you this info but it won't let me for some reason. Maybe I'm doing something wrong haha

I'm still having an issue though when loading up the game with the mod, though. This is my log now with the update you posted:

[Content Patcher] Error preloading content pack 'Make Marlon Real'. Technical details:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP] Make Marlon Real\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
Technical details: Invalid property identifier character: {. Path 'Changes[14].Entries', line 354, position 2.
at StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialization.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFileIfExists[TModel](String fullPath, TModel& result) in E:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI.Toolkit\Serialization\JsonHelper.cs:line 86
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in E:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:line 76
at ContentPatcher.Framework.RawContentPack.TryReloadContent(String& error) in E:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\Framework\RawContentPack.cs:line 80
at ContentPatcher.ModEntry.GetContentPacks()+MoveNext() in E:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\ModEntry.cs:line 431

I have everything installed that should be but I am using the Custom Fixed Dialogue - Compatibility version due to other mods I have requiring it, I'm not sure if that would be the issue or not? When the mod is taken out the SMAPI error disappears