Unintentional gifts

suuul

Newcomer
First, I don't speak English. Some my English may be incorrect.

One day, Robin was upgrading Coop.
To feed animals, I was having hay then.
Unfortunately, I fed Robin!
Robin isn't animals. Therefore, she got grumpy.

Anyway, to get along with Robin, I made an idea.
If the game asks you whether you want to give an item as a gift or not, are you give hay to Robin?
If I'm asked, I don't give. I'll give spaghetti.

Ever since my first Winter Star festival, I thought it would be nice if you could build a gift box. Then you put one item in it and it’s called “Gift (Whatever Is In Here)” like the wines and jellies.

That way if casually offer someone some clay, they can say “no thanks” rather than get pissed that I foisted it on them pretending it was some kind of present. And I get to keep my clay.

It might make preparing and giving a gift more time consuming and annoying… but it also increases the pleasure of giving hated gifts. “Yes I wrapped up this piece of trash and gave it to you on your birthday.” Now THAT is a real reason to loose a friend.

Ever since my first Winter Star festival, I thought it would be nice if you could build a gift box. Then you put one item in it and it’s called “Gift (Whatever Is In Here)” like the wines and jellies.

That way if casually offer someone some clay, they can say “no thanks” rather than get pissed that I foisted it on them pretending it was some kind of present. And I get to keep my clay.

It might make preparing and giving a gift more time consuming and annoying… but it also increases the pleasure of giving hated gifts. “Yes I wrapped up this piece of trash and gave it to you on your birthday.” Now THAT is a real reason to loose a friend.
So you don't want a Cardi B album........ Point taken

But seriously what messes me up is I am trying to take Shane a purple beer and walking to the saloon and press A to open the door at the same time Sebastian is leaving. Now he thinks I am a jerk and I lost the special gift for Shane.

Oh, my goodness that sounds horrible @Zen_the_Ogre also, like a freak coincidence too :hmph:. that would make it no less horrible though.
When I remember, I like to walk around town holding my sword, it feel safer... well, safer for me, after all you cannot give away a sword....
Thankfully, you cannot hurt the towns people, though, right???
Oh, :gasp: wouldn't it just be awful, you accidentally slash someone and they get mad at you :defeated:

@FlyingCatPhillips next time Elder Scrolls:Stardew edition FCP is exploring dwemer ruins and is blocked by a chicken. She swipes at it. 1000g bounty Pelican Town, 1000g bounty Zuzu City, 1000g bounty Ginger Island.

Yeah it's probably best that we keep sharp things away from the townsfolk.....and livestock!

Sometimes, we should appreciate unintentional gift giving because it is funnier and entertaining.
Making someone being mad by accident makes life more interesting.– It is better than being a perfectly good or moral person.

Last edited: