uh oh

moofish

Greenhorn
Today I made the mistake of buying and planting 200 potato seeds on top of my already existing 150 cauliflower seeds... I have the basic watering can which takes forever to use. Unfortunately I cannot get my watering can upgraded because I spent all my money on potatoes! I am also out of grass/hay for my animals, I also can't buy any hay from Marnie because, you guessed it! I spent it all on potatoes! I'll update on whether I go bankrupt and lose all my animals, OR I make 20k+ from potatoes.
PXL_20240408_024549691.jpg

Benhimself

Rancher
That giant cauliflower alone should be enough to get you a copper watering can. Are there grassy areas on the farm you can move the animals to? (Also, that's... a lot of iron fencing, for someone who hasn't upgraded their tools)

When I need some fast cash I do a sell off from my chests, usually the minerals and other precious stuff. Quick way to make a buck to get a better watering can!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You can quickly fish or mine for cash. If you see a rainy day on the tv, water all your crops asap and hand in the can, then you won’t lose a day of watering and have a fancy new can to show off at the end of it.

moofish

Greenhorn
That giant cauliflower alone should be enough to get you a copper watering can. Are there grassy areas on the farm you can move the animals to? (Also, that's... a lot of iron fencing, for someone who hasn't upgraded their tools)
I decided to keep my cauliflower because apparently it's pretty rare, also I didn't know what watering can upgrades did before, but now that it's crop season my crops would die if I upgraded because Clint would still have my watering can for two days, keep in mind that I planted on the 22nd and potatoes take 6 days to grow, meaning I can't miss a day.

moofish

Greenhorn
You can quickly fish or mine for cash. If you see a rainy day on the tv, water all your crops asap and hand in the can, then you won’t lose a day of watering and have a fancy new can to show off at the end of it.
Oooh, I didn't even think of that. I forgot that the tvs actually have a purpose. I'll try that, thanks.

I decided to keep my cauliflower because apparently it's pretty rare, also I didn't know what watering can upgrades did before, but now that it's crop season my crops would die if I upgraded because Clint would still have my watering can for two days, keep in mind that I planted on the 22nd and potatoes take 6 days to grow, meaning I can't miss a day.
Your crops won't die (actually stop growing) if there happens to be a rainy day in between. Water your crops the day before as usual, take the can to Clint - next day you won't need it because it's raining - pick it up the day after, water your crops.

What did you keep your giant cauliflower for? To look at it? On the last day of spring you have to harvest it anyway, otherwise it will die.

moofish

Greenhorn
Your crops won't die (actually stop growing) if there happens to be a rainy day in between. Water your crops the day before as usual, take the can to Clint - next day you won't need it because it's raining - pick it up the day after, water your crops.

What did you keep your giant cauliflower for? To look at it? On the last day of spring you have to harvest it anyway, otherwise it will die.
Giant crops cannot die, I don't think I'll get another one for a long time so I plan on keeping it for decoration.