Two suggestions

Master Gnocco

Greenhorn
The first comes from my 9 years old son. When I completed the abandoned Joyamart quest he was like "A movie theater, seriously? Pelican Town hasn't got a school and junimos made a movie theater?!". I know junimos are apple-shaped nature fairies with little understanding of humanity, but hey, wouldn't a school be a great addition? I hoped it would be a community upgrade, but no. There may be room near the bus stop (and it's a practically good loction) or near the station (practical as well). Or as an upgrade for the renewed community center.
The second comes from me after a week of grinding like hell to get seeds. I happened to stockpile a hoard of fruit and veggies and I decided it would be a good idea to spend some winter days turning a good share of them into seeds. It was hell. Now, a deluxe seed maker (made of iridium, iridium solves everything) where you can dump a load of identical fruits and obtain a corresponding load of seeds after a reasonable time would be lovely.
 

Freizeitfarmer

Sodbuster
There was already a suggestion for a school. I think it was in the discussion about mayoral duties. Also there were a discussion about seedmaking, but regarding of number of seeds per fruit, I think...

Anyway nice ideas! :-)
 

DesertBoots

Cowpoke
I solve the seed need by setting up a row of seedmakers next to my crop area and using it AS I harvest, so... go collect a row, go drop a row into the seedmaker, back to collect a row and the seedmakers are done... repeat as needed. It's a little time consuming but not that much.

It's awesome in late game to run wheat as a "waste crop" late on summer or fall as I never need to buy hay or flour now. And I can crank out breadsticks or maple bars (I have so much syrup) for Qi food challenges.
 

Master Gnocco

Greenhorn
I solve the seed need by setting up a row of seedmakers next to my crop area and using it AS I harvest, so... go collect a row, go drop a row into the seedmaker, back to collect a row and the seedmakers are done... repeat as needed. It's a little time consuming but not that much.

It's awesome in late game to run wheat as a "waste crop" late on summer or fall as I never need to buy hay or flour now. And I can crank out breadsticks or maple bars (I have so much syrup) for Qi food challenges.
I usually did it at the end of every season, but last time I checked my stockpile I decided to turn all my several hundreds gold star veggies (do they actually give more seeds? I hope so) into seeds. After a couple of days I expanded my seed maker plant to 8 machines but it was grindcore nonetheless. As you can dump grain in the mill with reckless abandon, I'd love to do the same with a deluxe seed maker.
 

imnvs

Farmer
I really like the idea of a deluxe seed maker that works like the mill does.

Also, fyi, quality of the input does not effect quantity of output for the seed maker, sadly. When you put something in, it is simply that there is a 0.5% chance of you getting 1 ancient fruit seed, a 1.99% chance of you getting 1-4 mixed seeds (amount determined randomly), and the remaining 97.5% chance of you getting 1-3 (average of 2) seeds for the plant that you put into the machine. That's it.
 

Freizeitfarmer

Sodbuster
I really like the idea of a deluxe seed maker that works like the mill does.
Maybe this could be generalised for all machines: the deluxe version has a pipe for refilling.
But than...
...we don't need the Hopper anymore. But maybe you can get (the recipe for) the deluxe versions from Mr. Qi.

Also, fyi, quality of the input does not effect quantity of output for the seed maker, sadly. When you put something in, it is simply that there is a 0.5% chance of you getting 1 ancient fruit seed, a 1.99% chance of you getting 1-4 mixed seeds (amount determined randomly), and the remaining 97.5% chance of you getting 1-3 (average of 2) seeds for the plant that you put into the machine. That's it.
Very true. Therefor I always use the lowest quality for the seed maker...
 
Last edited:

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
Somewhere out there is a suggestion I'd made about having the seed-maker work like the mill. Without hoppers, it's pretty much useless. :( You're right, though: most "refining" equipment would benefit from having 'em. I especially think mayonnaise machines and spinning wheels would be appropriate; crystalaria could have a receptacle you could clear out every so often, too. Not sure that kegs/jars/etc. would make as mich sense, although perhaps you could separate out a coffee machine that could get pre-loaded with a bajillion beans.
 

Master Gnocco

Greenhorn
I just tried hoppers, and surely I'll never use them for seeds. You must constantly pick seeds to have the seed makers working again, given the hoppers' cost in resources they're better used with something slower, such as preservers or kegs.
 

imnvs

Farmer
I just tried hoppers, and surely I'll never use them for seeds. You must constantly pick seeds to have the seed makers working again, given the hoppers' cost in resources they're better used with something slower, such as preservers or kegs.
I don't think they're worth it for that. It can't refill the equipment they're paired with unless you pull out the production from that artisan equipment... and you can usually just be refilling the equipment as you collect.

I get a hopper recipe. I get a deconstructor. I build a hopper. I deconstruct the hopper and get my radioactive bar back so that I can build a heavy tapper with it instead.
 

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
Eheheheh... whoops. I wasn't thinking about "hoppers the new item" but rather "hoppers like a generic bin to hold goods." You shouldn't have to build a hopper for the seed-maker; it should come with an integrated one like the mil, does.
 

Master Gnocco

Greenhorn
In the end I actually made some hoppers as a "dump and forget" item. I put one on a recycler, one on a bone mill and three on oil makers, where I don't actually care much about what ends up processed and just pick up products as I casually walk around the house.
 
Top