Trash cans

I always make sure to dig through the trash cans during the night market where Linus passes by. You earn 5 friendship points with him if you dig through a trash can while he's looking :) Also download this mod - my favorite trash can, mining, and train predictor. It can also predict rare events such as the meteor strike. Right about the trash cans 99% of the time! I use it in every playthrough. It even works with Stardew Valley Expanded!

Last edited:

27dschild

Planter
I always make sure to dig through the trash cans during the night market where Linus passes by. You earn 5 friendship points with him if you dig through a trash can while he's looking :) Also download this mod - my favorite trash can, mining, and train predictor. It can also predict rare events such as the meteor strike. Right about the trash cans 99% of the time! I use it in every playthrough. It even works with Stardew Valley Expanded!
And if it seems too op to you then you can download crystal ball instead, it’s the same except that you have to interact with the crystal ball with something (like gifting) to pay for the prediction.

Sounny

Rancher
Do you remember which trash you found the red quartz in? I usually find bread in front of Kent and Jody’s house, cookies in front of Evelyn but I haven’t gotten red quartz yet!
Clint and museum has trash cans too. I find minerals and gems there.

Anhaga

Rancher
I didn't check trashcans very often, until I found an octopus and some metal bar. Since then I go looking every time I'm in town. Just look out for the people running around.
I've gotten an octopus too--that made me so happy. I think octopus are honestly the hardest fish to catch.

starbrite

Sodbuster
What! You guys are pulling such great stuff out of trash cans haha.

I have always dug around in the trash since day one since I got lucky in my very first playthrough and got a bread and energy bar out of them in one day :D. These days I mostly get trash, glasses, broken CDs, etc, but it always feels good to try your luck and pull out a strange bun or crafting materials.
Though... I have got caught a few times, and it sucks when you get caught by someone you're trying to raise hearts with :/ But then I just spam them with their loved gifts later lol.

imnvs

Local Legend
I've found at least one Omni Geode and diamond, about the best you can find, iirc.

I love the garbage can at the Stardrop Saloon best, though. I've lost track of all the food I've found. I know I've got some of my faves, though I don't really remember which, just that I've found some really good food in Gus's trash, y'all.