PS4 Transfer Host on Console

Sunflower5388

Greenhorn
Hello, I play this game with my friend and they have kind of lost interest but I still want to play it. I am not the host of the game though so I can’t access it whenever I want. Is there a way to transfer the host to me? I saw a post similar to this already but I play on PS5 and not on a PC so I was hoping there was a way to transfer on console. Appreciate any help! 😊

Njin

Planter
I don't think you would be able to transfer a save file for a farm on ps4/5 to another ps4/5 that is not of the same account ,You might be able to use a flash drive If your friend is nearby ?? It hurts a bit to lose a file, It sucks to have others lose interest I know how that feels too.. My ps4 hard drive crashed in 2020.. and because I didn't cloud save often I lost 3in game years of progress on my now 21 year old farm.. but I enjoy Stardew It took me a while but I built it back better.. How much progress did you lose ?? I enjoy the co-op too, If you are an adult looking for chill adult people to play with I don't mind being a farm hand.. either way I'm sure you can build it back better.. Sorry not much help with the transfer host problem. Most players here seem geared towards switch and PC.. It might take a couple days but someone who knows for sure might chime in with a better answer. Best of luck :)

ghostuwyo

Greenhorn
I don't think you would be able to transfer a save file for a farm on ps4/5 to another ps4/5 that is not of the same account ,You might be able to use a flash drive If your friend is nearby ?? It hurts a bit to lose a file, It sucks to have others lose interest I know how that feels too.. My ps4 hard drive crashed in 2020.. and because I didn't cloud save often I lost 3in game years of progress on my now 21 year old farm.. but I enjoy Stardew It took me a while but I built it back better.. How much progress did you lose ?? I enjoy the co-op too, If you are an adult looking for chill adult people to play with I don't mind being a farm hand.. either way I'm sure you can build it back better.. Sorry not much help with the transfer host problem. Most players here seem geared towards switch and PC.. It might take a couple days but someone who knows for sure might chime in with a better answer. Best of luck :)
do you know how to do this if it’s the same account? i started a local co-op world on my friends ps5 but on my account thinking i would be able to access it from my ps4. do you know how i could transfer the game over to my ps4?

Njin

Planter
do you know how to do this if it’s the same account? i started a local co-op world on my friends ps5 but on my account thinking i would be able to access it from my ps4. do you know how i could transfer the game over to my ps4?
Cloud save... .. On console (Ps5) that has the file you want to move ... Highlight stardew on your dashboard as if you are going to play it, instead press options, and select the option upload/download save data. the file you want is on the (system) left side. the (Cloud) right side will be what you already have uploaded (do not download any file you have already uploaded It may replace your current file with an older version)also they may in fact already be the same. If they are not upload from the left column.. with that done, from the (ps4) console you wish to transfer to, go to the same options menu this time you will want to download from the (cloud) right column (this will replace any saves you have on that console &) this will update that ps4 console to have the same files as the other console (Ps5) & that should do it:) ... I have never transferred from ps5 to ps4 but have from 2 ps4s multiple times. the ps5 file is no different and is actually still recognized as a ps4 title so there is no reason why this shouldn't work.. Best of luck:)