Windows Tools and weapons keep disappearing

Kasijas

Greenhorn
I have never used any mods and I'm playing on PC, this has happened too many times to the point that the game is unplayable at the moment.
I'd randomly lose my tools, (I've had them upgraded to at least gold grade), and they would just vanish and then be found in the lost and found but goes back to un-upgraded version so I have to start all over with the upgrading again. It's very frustrating. I've also lost my weapons, my galaxy weapons to be exact, and they are just gone and can not be found again, I can only re-purchase them at the adventure's guild and they cost a lot of money. This happens multiple times per play session and it is extremely frustrating losing your progress that often and easy.
And there is no customer support with this game or really any kind of support other than the forum. I can't refund the game anymore and it is unplayable with this issue happening multiple times per play session.
Does anyone know anything about this or having the same issue? Is there a fix to this? I've played on the mobile version before and did not have this issue.

Ereo

Helper
Are you using the steam or gog version? Have you tried verifying your files through steam or gog?

Does anything happen before you lose the tools? Like do you pass out, do they disappear from your inventory or your chests, does your screen go black, are they just gone when you wake up etc.

Is it only one save file or does it happen across files? Did this always happen or did it start later at some point?

The more details you provide, the easier it is for developers to find a cause.

Kasijas

Greenhorn
Are you using the steam or gog version? Have you tried verifying your files through steam or gog?

Does anything happen before you lose the tools? Like do you pass out, do they disappear from your inventory or your chests, does your screen go black, are they just gone when you wake up etc.

Is it only one save file or does it happen across files? Did this always happen or did it start later at some point?

I'm playing on steam and no I have not tried verifying my files.
Nothing in particular it just randomly happens, I used to play on mobile I just recently bought the game on steam and started to play a few days ago, the first 2 days were ok it started on day 3. and ever since it started it just became normal, it happens multiple times every play session, for example I played a few hours today and I lost both my galaxy hammer and my gold pickaxe.
The screen does not go black, they just randomly disappear from my tool bar.

Kasijas

Greenhorn

I'm not sure if it just happens on this saved file or will it happen if I start a new save. But so far I've got over 40 hours on this save I do not want to start over again ...

Ereo

Helper
I would try first verifying the files and if that doesn’t help, reinstall the game. Make sure you back up the save file, I’m not sure steam will keep back ups if you uninstall a game.

I play on mobile and PC and this is not usual for the PC version either. The only thing were that is known to happen is if you lose a tool because it was in a destroyed chest, it will appear in the basic form in the lost and found. But it shouldn’t happen randomly.

Kasijas

Greenhorn
I would try first verifying the files and if that doesn’t help, reinstall the game. Make sure you back up the save file, I’m not sure steam will keep back ups if you uninstall a game.

I play on mobile and PC and this is not usual for the PC version either. The only thing were that is known to happen is if you lose a tool because it was in a destroyed chest, it will appear in the basic form in the lost and found. But it shouldn’t happen randomly.
Thanks, I just verified files on steam everything were installed correctly.
I think steam backs everything up to cloud even if you delete the game. so if it happens one more time I'm going to try to uninstall and re-install.