PC Tomatoes incorrectly listed as vegetable

Dragoneral

Newcomer
Hi, I have noticed that on mobile and PC versions, tomatoes are listed as vegetables instead of fruits. Had the fight between Robin and Demetrius not reminded me, I would have not checked my tomatoes as well. I can't say that the same bug may exist for switch and consoles since I do not have xbox, playstation or switch.

I know this gives some of us A LOT HEADACHE.......
whether is scientific or culinary....This argument WILL never END...and it drives people crazy...

I HIGHLY recommend having new tomatoes PRESERVED JAR!
MAKE tomatoes' can instead of pickles and jelly's jars.
So that everyone from the culinary and science community both agrees together... 🤝🤝🤝🤝🤝🤝
YES, WE CAN !!!!!
<-----make new can for tomatoes' cans

Last edited:
Honestly, I just don't care what they are labelled as...
This is a topic which there will be no way to make everyone happy, if you change it to make someone happy than most likely you have just made many more unhappy Like @imnvs stated they are listed as vegetables on all platforms.
More to the point it has become common place for people to know that botanically tomatoes are considered fruit; due to people complaining about them being listed as vegetables. Now I know some people say it in jest and are joking; I get the joke, it is funny; but there are so many people who are so serious. When they see this issue they take it so seriously! At what point can we just lighten up and laugh it off...
Culinary terms view tomatoes as a vegetable; because they cook like one... now let's all raise our hands for who would want to have tomato pie??? Frankly it would be a disaster to make and probably taste like ketchup, too. If you cannot tell, that's a joke...

Everything can be canned! But, would be a nice idea for a mod.

Quirinea

Farmer
Honestly, I just don't care what they are labelled as...
This is a topic which there will be no way to make everyone happy, if you change it to make someone happy than most likely you have just made many more unhappy Like @imnvs stated they are listed as vegetables on all platforms.
More to the point it has become common place for people to know that botanically tomatoes are considered fruit; due to people complaining about them being listed as vegetables. Now I know some people say it in jest and are joking; I get the joke, it is funny; but there are so many people who are so serious. When they see this issue they take it so seriously! At what point can we just lighten up and laugh it off...
Culinary terms view tomatoes as a vegetable; because they cook like one... now let's all raise our hands for who would want to have tomato pie??? Frankly it would be a disaster to make and probably taste like ketchup, too. If you cannot tell, that's a joke...

Everything can be canned! But, would be a nice idea for a mod.
I have seen tomato pies. And recipes for tomato pies. Along with mushroom pies, onion pies, tuna pies... (or put all that together, with some Roquefort cheese... yum.)

I have seen mushroom pies and tuna pies, but they tend to be a dinner item and not a dessert dish. If you are really vested in the process, I guess you can turn anything into a pie as well. As a general rule though fruit can make desserts but vegetables do not, save for the few exceptions. As if telling whether they were fruit or veg was difficult enough, then there are exceptions!
It does not help that pie can also refer to casserole style dishes as well... 🤔 that really slipped my mind before...
Truly not a big pie fan.. well, maybe a pizza pie 😋

Now has anyone heard of tomato jelly??? or do we just call that ketchup??? *joking*

Quirinea

Farmer
As a general rule though fruit can make desserts but vegetables do not, save for the few exceptions. As if telling whether they were fruit or veg was difficult enough, then there are exceptions!
Is Waldorf salad a dessert or a side salad (celery, sour apple, walnuts, mayonnaise, possibly cream, possibly lettuce)? Heard that it was originally served as a dessert!
How about pumpkin? (that would actually be a SDV question)