Thoughts about 1.6 update.

Well, I would love to see more Shane dialogue. He doesn’t have much dialogue after 4 hearts, and most of his <4 heart dialogue is the same thing. “Go away, leave me alone, etc.” I think that having less higher heart dialogue discourages people from befriending him. Although he has plentiful marriage dialogue, he doesn’t have much before you marry him.

Salonpad

Farmhand
I would like for Marnie to take her cows inside when it rain/storm
sad-icon.png

New dialogs for festivals ( or just write a bunch of em' and make it random every years so we don't get bore of it and have a reason to go. I know we can get mod to do this but it wouldnt be canon in game )

20 hearts event with your spouse and he/she help you harvest the crops when it ripe (even in the green house :D !! )

Expand children, they grow up and join Vincent and Jas study under Penny (Maybe sometime she took them to the community center too because I prefer to have more npc doing stuff there).
Spouse/kids interacting like go out for a walk on the beach or hanging out at the children play ground .v.v.
adore-icon.png

Last edited:
Expand children, they grow up and join Vincent and Jas study under Penny (Maybe sometime she took them to the community center too because I prefer to have more npc doing stuff there).
Spouse/kids interacting like go out for a walk on the beach or hanging out at the children play ground .v.v. View attachment 3271
When this will happen I'm gonna celebrate! With a huge glass of hot cocoa (My recpie) and many hours in the game!
I also wish they will look less generic and maybe with tiny random outfits? I wish we could choose their hairstyle! Since they are in festivals (Thank you yoba!) and also I want to see events for them!

Salonpad

Farmhand
When this will happen I'm gonna celebrate! With a huge glass of hot cocoa (My recpie) and many hours in the game!
I also wish they will look less generic and maybe with tiny random outfits? I wish we could choose their hairstyle! Since they are in festivals (Thank you yoba!) and also I want to see events for them!
Concernedape did mentioned on his twitter that is possible for expanding children so we can hope !!
pudency-icon.png

I could really go for a hot cocoa that sound delicious...
still-dreaming-icon.png

liquidcat

Staff member
I would also like to see some closure to some of the unresolved story arcs. That would definitely be nice.
This would be really nice to have! While I think some story arcs are better left unanswered and ambiguous, it would be really nice to get closure to others!

Other than that I would love to see a weekly farmers market in town square!

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
As mentioned before, CA has said that he's interested in trying to get the Farmer's kids to age up. However, he doesn't want to age up the other NPCs since, inevitably, some of them would have to pass away, and he doesn't wanna have to do that. I can't say I blame him. I'd probably be attached to the characters if I was in his position as well. I can't fault him for the Farmer's children aging up not being in 1.5 either. It sounds like it would take a lot of work, and 1.5 was already a massive update as is. I was expecting a big update, but not that big.

I would like to see,

1: All characters doing things - like Gus who's trapped behind his counter all day except for a short while spent buying supplies at Pierres. Everybody deserves a life.

2: The return of Joja Corp doing things to the valley, starting maybe in Year Three, after you convert the Theatre.

3: Expansion of the desert. It has so much potential, don't let it go to waste!

Flav

Farmhand
It would be nice to be able to relocate the lakes on our farm

a new npc for clint can be moved to the city

we can raise new animals, for example, a parrot on ginger island. Fox and other animals

I want seasonal clothes for npc too

new decorations for home and farm

more dialogue for npc

PookieDoodle

Rancher
Well, I would love to see more Shane dialogue. He doesn’t have much dialogue after 4 hearts, and most of his <4 heart dialogue is the same thing. “Go away, leave me alone, etc.” I think that having less higher heart dialogue discourages people from befriending him. Although he has plentiful marriage dialogue, he doesn’t have much before you marry him.
I agree. You work so hard to win Shane over. Then when he becomes a great guy you'd like to have conversations with all he talks about is his chickens. 😕

King_

Greenhorn
It would be cool if you could "improve" Pelican Town. For example, making new buildings and adding structures.

Johndeere756

Planter
I guess I am in the minority, but I would prefer a whole new game instead of a update to Stardew Valley. I am sure concerned ape has limited amount of time to do all he would like, I know I do. Stardew Valley is my favorite game, and I am really looking forward to any game he develops in the future.