Thoughts about 1.6 update.

kotmandu

Greenhorn
what would you like to add in update 1.6:slime:?
I personally want to add а seasonal clothing for npc.:shorts:

Odin

Staff member
Because its literally 1 guy updating the game and he has to prioritize things based on their importance. He did just release the biggest update for the game ever, so it's not like he's doing nothing.
There are currently two developers for the PC version of Stardew actually! But your point stands that they have limited time and can't do everything.

PorkChop

Planter
I personally would LOVE to have cross platform co-op. Even if this was going to happen, ConcernedApe says he's not really up for making a 1.6.

icKyou1025

Tiller
I think the very last thing I ever want to see in the game before CA hangs up his programming gloves for good is ....

Marnie and Lewis finally getting married. Maybe even have Lewis retire from being Mayor and everyone in town wants you to be the new Mayor (and then you just abandon them to live on your island farm bwahahaha).

Maybe a new NPC moves in that helps Clint get over Emily.

Last edited:

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
If there was only one more update, I think I'd want it to focus on the NPCs. Maybe some new marriage candidates, development for the Dwarf, and tying up loose ends? And what I'd really like to see is certain currently ungiftable NPCs being made giftable, most namely Gunther and Marlon. They don't seem to have much of a life outside of the Adventurer's Guild or museum, especially Gunther. Marlon at least attends festivals, but Gunther doesn't. It'd be nice to see Gunther at festivals, with Marlon maybe hanging out at the lake before the Guild opens, and Gunther going to the saloon after the museum closes. As for their birthdays, Marlon strikes me as a spring birthday, but later in the spring in order to give the player a chance to give him a present after the path in the mountains is cleared. Maybe Spring 16, seeing as no-one has a birthday on a 16th? As for Gunther, I get fall vibes. Maybe Fall 9, seeing as no-one has a birthday on a 9th?

Cptldsilver

Planter
I think the very last thing I ever want to see in the game before CA hangs up his programming gloves for good is ....

Marnie and Lewis finally getting married. Maybe even have Lewis retire from being Mayor and everyone in town wants you to be the new Mayor (and then you just abandon them to live on your island farm bwahahaha).

Becoming the mayor would actually be really cool. Maybe the race could be based on your popularity with the townspeople.

Sigrah

Farmer

Oh no! If we can become the new mayor, I want to do so and CRUSH Lewis. That gold statue of himself? Yeah, that would be brought out and placed right on the debate stage, wearing his special purple underwear for all to see. Let the townsfolk see where their taxes have been going. Then, like every other politician, I'll betray my constituents, take their taxes, and have a statue of me made, only from iridium and prismatic shards. And if those peasant townsfolk ever find out, I'll use my last day in office to grant Joja Corp a building permit to develop Ginger Island into a parking lot. Muhahaha >:)

But seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing Marnie and Lewis finally admit to everyone they're a couple. As for Clint, who cares? He's CLINT ;)

Ralij

Cowpoke
I'd definitely like to see more story development and finishing up some of the ones that are there. There's so much room for development of already interesting characters and to tie up some loose ends and unfinished arcs. From characters that are one dimensional like Clint to characters that have no dimensions at all like Gunther, Morrison, or the Dwarf. I'd like year 3 or 4 events that move the arcs to completion, like Abigail completing college that leads to interesting possibilities, like running the store for a few days a week and letting Pierre get out a bit more and gives him an opportunity to have an arc and grow. Or maybe you sided with Joja and Abigail finishes college and goes to work for Morrison.

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
Given what eventually became of Krobus, I can definitely see the Dwarf getting similar treatment someday. For one, I'd love to know what their actual name is. Surely it can't actually just be "Dwarf." And nobody knows for sure what gender the Dwarf is, whether it be male, female, or maybe neither, so it'd be nice if that mystery were to be solved. It'd be neat to know what Dwarves look like behind that shadow, too.

Slypenslyde

Greenhorn
Seriosly , why these seasonal clothing for NPC still not added to the game ? NPC which roam in the same clothes year round seems a bit unnatural .
Mario's been wearing the same clothes, including underwear since 1981.

Similarly: Nintendo's Doug, the entire cast of Rugrats and Scooby Doo, and every character in 30 years of Final Fantasy games. Don't even get me started on what it smells like in Boba Fett's armor.

fortyseven

Tiller
I love the idea of becoming Mayor following Lewis and Marnie getting together and this depending on your popularity with the towns folk. Let there be an election festival!

I would also like to see some closure to some of the unresolved story arcs. That would definitely be nice.

A biggie for me is also that your children should be allowed to grow up. At least until late teens. There should be some questline that determines their fate like they go off to college or become farmhands who could automate certain tasks on your farm (pick those truffles minions! Honestly if not your kids some other solution has to be made available for this!). Anyway, the state of the children its just sad... feels very incomplete.

Finally it would be great to see more machines that help with automation on the farm. The junimo chests are great, but the hopper is a total dud. It would be nice to see something that allows assembly lines but at a more definite cost than mods like automate (space, resources, maybe something new like electricity or steampower that needs to be made with machines that require a basic fuel and buildings need to be hooked up to them for the automation machines to work).

There should also probably be some more end game money sinks. After 2 years getting money becomes way too easy. It needs to be useful for something. Maybe all the automation machines could be really expensive.