This game has been taken down from the WeGame platform in China

lllk

Greenhorn
I have a few more questions. Why was this game taken down from Tencent's WeGame platform in China? Will the game continue to be updated after being taken down, will there be a refund if it is not updated, and is there a dispute between the game creator and the platform.

imnvs

Local Legend
I would suspect it is because of things happening at the government level. I suspect they've changed laws/regulations that affect the platform's ability to continue offering the game for one reason or another.

Odin

Staff member
Hi! I spoke to ConcernedApe and it sounds like this issue is likely related to a new SDK requirement from WeGame. He intends to update this version of the game, if possible, so Stardew Valley can return to that store!

This is speculation on my part, but with the 1.6 update just a week away from launching, it may take some time.

Odin

Staff member
Also, just to clarify, when you say the game was "taken down", does this mean it simply is no longer available in the store to purchase or update, but that your copy can still be played, or is the game fully unavailable to play?

lllk

Greenhorn
Also, just to clarify, when you say the game was "taken down", does this mean it simply is no longer available in the store to purchase or update, but that your copy can still be played, or is the game fully unavailable to play?
Yes, it has been taken down from the store, which means it cannot be purchased. Users who have already purchased can continue to play the game, but its last update was in June 2021, and the version remains at 1.5.4

lllk

Greenhorn
I would suspect it is because of things happening at the government level. I suspect they've changed laws/regulations that affect the platform's ability to continue offering the game for one reason or another.
Thank you for your information. I am unable to obtain any updated information about the game from the platform. The customer service of the platform is very perfunctory

lllk

Greenhorn
Hi! I spoke to ConcernedApe and it sounds like this issue is likely related to a new SDK requirement from WeGame. He intends to update this version of the game, if possible, so Stardew Valley can return to that store!

This is speculation on my part, but with the 1.6 update just a week away from launching, it may take some time.
Thank you for your information. I am unable to obtain any updated information about the game from the platform. The customer service of the platform is very perfunctory