Windows "This character belongs to another player"

Mikadofigaro

Newcomer
(Playing through Xbox App on Windows)

Hey,

I recently got hacked and my Stardew Valley game got transferred to my new Microsoft account. However, we have been playing multiplayer on my bf's computer and now I can't join as my original character. Is there a way I can still play as my original character? We tried to look for a userID part in the code but there's no numbers whatsoever next to it. (There is such thing as uniquemultiplayer ID, could this have something to do with this?)

I'm in desperate need of help here

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'm no expert so please wait for a second opinion as I'm not a doctor, I only play one on TV.

That said, I have snooped my game saves including my co-op one for many things and my assumption is that ID ties an in-game Farmer to a Steam account or other co-op ID. The thing I haven't done yet is see if there's a direct correlation between that ID and anything in Steam.

However if I was to take this one step further, I would ask you to set up a new test Farm with the same players hosting and joining and then look for the uniquemultiplayerID that is different between the 2 saves. Bonus points if it's closely associated with your Farmer name in that spot. Then:

Make a backup of the Farm folder you're trying to save!!
Make 2 or 3, put one on a USB drive, give one to the cat. If it's important enough to do it once, do it thrice.

OK now copy that unique ID that we're assuming is you from the New Farm save file over to the Old Farm save file and replace the old ID with the new one. Make sure no extra spaces snuck in. Save that save file. And try it out!

The only question I'd have about this working is if there is more than one reference or way of identifying a co-op Farmer, so if this doesn't work you may need to ferret that out before getting this to work. This seems a good first step though!

Mikadofigaro

Newcomer
I'm no expert so please wait for a second opinion as I'm not a doctor, I only play one on TV.

That said, I have snooped my game saves including my co-op one for many things and my assumption is that ID ties an in-game Farmer to a Steam account or other co-op ID. The thing I haven't done yet is see if there's a direct correlation between that ID and anything in Steam.

However if I was to take this one step further, I would ask you to set up a new test Farm with the same players hosting and joining and then look for the uniquemultiplayerID that is different between the 2 saves. Bonus points if it's closely associated with your Farmer name in that spot. Then:

Make a backup of the Farm folder you're trying to save!!
Make 2 or 3, put one on a USB drive, give one to the cat. If it's important enough to do it once, do it thrice.

OK now copy that unique ID that we're assuming is you from the New Farm save file over to the Old Farm save file and replace the old ID with the new one. Make sure no extra spaces snuck in. Save that save file. And try it out!

The only question I'd have about this working is if there is more than one reference or way of identifying a co-op Farmer, so if this doesn't work you may need to ferret that out before getting this to work. This seems a good first step though!
Thank you for your reply!

We tried to replace it with a new ID from a new save file, we also located a user ID in the code and replaced that with a new ID as well. Unfortunately, I still didn’t gain access to my original character.

Open for new ideas if you have any.