the stardew valley curse

Person090

Planter
the only time I needed clay was for the silo and the pot, but whenever I try to find some, I cant, even tho when im not looking for it, I get it. and another thing, Carp is my most hated fish, because whenever I try to fish for something for a quest, I keep getting it, but when I actually need it, they just disappear on me. Has anybody had the same experience?

the only time I needed clay was for the silo and the pot, but whenever I try to find some, I cant, even tho when im not looking for it, I get it. and another thing, Carp is my most hated fish, because whenever I try to fish for something for a quest, I keep getting it, but when I actually need it, they just disappear on me. Has anybody had the same experience?
Always, my friend. It's the RNG curse that's haunted me throughout my gaming career. :skull:

redbobcat

Rancher
If you are short on clay, just till any empty ground on your farm (or outside) until you get enough. Granted that could be slow but you only have to do it at the beginning of the game if you get into a habit of storing any clay you find in your chest.

Best places to fish for Carp are Sewers and Secret Woods - any time, any season will give you mostly carp.

I find many of these frustrating situations can be helped by looking up game wiki info. Especially when fishing - double check if it’s the right place, right time, right season. Storing up almost everything in chests right from the start also helps.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yes, Carp was my nemesis during my first 1.4 playthrough as that's what the Trash Bear wanted but not only couldn't I figure out what that bloody fish was but after an extensive process of elimination, I couldn't find the carp. So I cheated, looked in the wiki, and headed to the Sewers like redbobcat said.

Never felt so good to cheat.

The Trash Bear is my kryptonite and coincidentally he uses the light of the Moon to magically fly (uh, and pick up litter...) so really he's Superman's twin brother Larry.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hmmm, I forget what Seaweed is used for but I don't remember being short of it. Probably comes from Fishing on average luck days early in the game when it's the best way to grub money.