The Social Update

Should this update be implemeted?

• Total voters

ItsVex

Greenhorn
I think this update will be really fun to Stardew Valley!
- Add a new multiplayer part to the world; go to this into via to the right of the bus stop!
To access, you'll need wifi and a stardew valley account.
Their world have no mod install and no cheat like item ID.
The time and day and season would be tied to real life or one part of the world like Eastern America.

There will be basically server and you will be selected into a random one, maybe each server have a max number of 30 to 50 player.

In the area, there will be a news board that display new added things to the area like an item in a shop.
If you go the the area the time at SDV will stop like in holiday event but the time in the area can change.

A new dungeon where the difficulty changes everyday. The player can mine and kill enemy there and the one last hit the ore, rock, or enemy will get the item.

A new shop that is oversee by a secondary NPC, ConcernedApe, this shop will be like the traveling merchant and new item every day. On real life holidays, there can be limited item; For example, a chinese dragon hat on Chinese new years day.

A new park with chair you can sit on and fruit tree that will grow fruit every day and you can shake it. Different fruit tree every season.

Add a spa to replenish health and energy.

Add a restaurant which is run by another secondary of a developer. This is where you can buy dish and get drink.

A new friend tab which you can add someone as a friend to chat with them.
There will be a public chat.
You can trade with other people! Of course some item cannot be exchange like ore, artifact. Just clothing, furniture, and maybe crop!

There should be mini game where player can compete like horse racing.

New Event this tied with real life holiday. For example, on easter, there will be egg spawning around the map every minit and whoever get the most get a golden egg statue.

Player don't have go to this place because all it reward is exclusive wear and furniture and you also don't need to log in if you play without the area.

Odin

Staff member
To access, you'll need wifi and a stardew valley account.
Their world have no mod install and no cheat like item ID.
The time and day and season would be tied to real life or one part of the world like Eastern America.

There will be basically server and you will be selected into a random one, maybe each server have a max number of 30 to 50 player.
To be honest, this isn't something that's realistic for the developers to do- it's way beyond the scope of a two person developer team and it doesn't fit the existing game in terms of features or functionality. You're really asking for an entirely separate game here that would require constant development and support.

I suspect this suggestion may be inspired by Animal Crossing: New Horizons, but if you haven't played that game it has a lot of these features and may be something you like!

That said, there are several ideas here that could be incorporated into the existing game!

ItsVex

Greenhorn
To be honest, this isn't something that's realistic for the developers to do- it's way beyond the scope of a two person developer team and it doesn't fit the existing game in terms of features or functionality. You're really asking for an entirely separate game here that would require constant development and support.

I suspect this suggestion may be inspired by Animal Crossing: New Horizons, but if you haven't played that game it has a lot of these features and may be something you like!

That said, there are several ideas here that could be incorporated into the existing game!
I think the idea that I would love to get is new holiday event base on real life and you get special reward if you complete it.