1.6 Update The new stuff from trees?

Quirinea

Farmer
...namely moss, avoided to spoil in the heading.
Is it super rare or is something wrong?
The wiki says:
"In each non-winter day, some amount of common trees (Maple, Oak and Pine) are randomly covered in moss."
I'm into Spring 19, go around to forage every day, everywhere and haven't so far seen a single moss-covered tree (unless there is something that is veeery hard to see -- there were no pictures of the phenomenon). As it is used to make bait I imagined it should be real common (type find some every day)

I've already get sea and river jelly and mystery boxes etc...

(let's see if this whining helps and moss starts to appear... oh, I shouldn't have said it aloud...)

Odyssey

Tiller
I think it grows mainly on older trees so it's uncommon at the start of a playthrough. I'd only spotted a few mossy trees (they visibly have green stuff growing on the trunks which isn't that difficult to see so if you're searching for it there's very little chance that you missed one) before my first green rain event in the middle of summer.

After getting plenty of moss from the event itself I wasn't searching as hard for moss afterwards but it did seem to show up more frequently - including on trees that were tapped.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It grows only on trees the game considers old and not in winter. In summer you’ll get an acid rain event which will massively boost moss production for a day and advance most trees by a lot too. After that they grow basically as fast as possible on existing trees.