1.6 Update The new [1.6 spoiler] is the GOAT

noobsqoou

Planter
A pan...like, legit panning? What they used to get gold back in the day??

That's pretty cool, once I get that Imma try it out myself.
The actual "Copper Pan" tool has existed since the game's original release, and it's normally acquired after completing all of the fishing tank bundles in the community center. Version 1.6 added the ability to upgrade the pan like your regular farming tools, so you can upgrade it to steel, gold, and finally iridium.

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
The actual "Copper Pan" tool has existed since the game's original release, and it's normally acquired after completing all of the fishing tank bundles in the community center. Version 1.6 added the ability to upgrade the pan like your regular farming tools, so you can upgrade it to steel, gold, and finally iridium.
I never knew it even existed, I never heard anyone talk about it even once before now (like how was I supposed to know it existed? I barely did fishing anyways, I thought it was just the rods and that was it). So this is super cool, Imma definitely finish the fish bundle on my PS4 file now just to have it.

ArtifactSpot

A pan...like, legit panning? What they used to get gold back in the day??

That's pretty cool, once I get that Imma try it out myself.
Yeah, you mentioned you were starting out. You will get a copper pan when you complete the fishing bundles at the CC. However it doesn’t bring up near the amount shown above. Maybe a few ores, occasionally a gem. This is the new 1.6 iridium pan. I think you upgrade it just like tools at Clint’s, regardless it’s supposed to give you several good things at once and on high luck days you might get as much loot as shown above. But the copper pan you will receive first is still useful just won’t yield very much loot.

ETA: once you finish the fishing bundles and get your copper pan there will be a cutscene when you enter the mountain region and you will start seeing glittering patches in all waters outside the farm from time to time. The copper pan doesn’t yield very much most of the time so many people just put it in a chest for later. This one is supposedly handy to take up even a precious inventory slot most of the time.

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
Yeah, you mentioned you were starting out. You will get a copper pan when you complete the fishing bundles at the CC. However it doesn’t bring up near the amount shown above. Maybe a few ores, occasionally a gem. This is the new 1.6 iridium pan. I think you upgrade it just like tools at Clint’s, regardless it’s supposed to give you several good things at once and on high luck days you might get as much loot as shown above. But the copper pan you will receive first is still useful just won’t yield very much loot.

ETA: once you finish the fishing bundles and get your copper pan there will be a cutscene when you enter the mountain region and you will start seeing glittering patches in all waters outside the farm from time to time. The copper pan doesn’t yield very much most of the time so many people just put it in a chest for later. This one is supposedly handy to take up even a precious inventory slot most of the time.
Ah, ok. I understand a lot better now, I can see why no one talked about it before now. Like I told someone already, Imma try and get it now because honestly I think panning is pretty cool regardless.

Alysha

Farmhand
Honestly, I never really used the pan until the latest update. I feel like it only really became worth it.