The horse needs a paddock...

The horse needs a paddock to be happy says my daughter. I dont know how this could work beside the stable but it's her wish, so I post it here...
:smile:

Maybe it would be easier to have ponies as another animal type for the barn!?

It's too bad it doesnt wander around and graze if it had a fence around it, if it was on the farm, and if there was grass inside the fence. That's cute. I remember someone's request to make the horse friendable and thought that was fun too, though another animal to feed in winter might be a pain (friendable without feeding like the cat? Perfect). It does make grazing motions when parked on grass in places in stardew, so would be kinda neat if it could wander/graze in fenced farm areas that way.

Building and leading the horse into a paddock in the AM is a super cute idea. I get the sense that its building is supposed to resemble a lean-to shelter, with two closed in walls, but it always gave me a "stall-sliver" vibe instead for some reason lol. 😂 I think I'm gonna build that paddock for the sake of aesthetics too, why not? It is a cute idea. 😋

Last edited:
That's perfect, then an auto-gate at the front. ❤

PS. Whil CA is at it, making all gates to be auto-gates without a mod would be wonderful. I sometimes get so fed up with them that I end up just holding the controller button down, which works to auto-open/close... if I move fast, but rips the gate off if I dawdle lol. 😂

imnvs

Local Legend
I think I'm gonna build that paddock for the sake of aesthetics too, why not?
See, in the meantime, this is something we could do, just get some fencing and make a paddock. I've seen some folk include the stable in the area where their barns and coops are so as to make it seem like the horse has all of that pasture to use as well.

Not to say this idea is worthless, but if it would just be aesthetic, does it need an upgrade to the building?

See, in the meantime, this is something we could do, just get some fencing and make a paddock. I've seen some folk include the stable in the area where their barns and coops are so as to make it seem like the horse has all of that pasture to use as well.
But this would be ONLY aesthetic because the horse don't move in it.

Not to say this idea is worthless, but if it would just be aesthetic, does it need an upgrade to the building?
I think a stable-upgrade would be nice because it doesn't change current (save-)games and offers another goal to reach. And it gives the programming possibility to let the horse move inside the added paddock but doesn't change its behavior outside. So there would be no game braking changes!

That's perfect, then an auto-gate at the front. ❤
I think this was suggested already somewhere. :-)

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hmm, a re-skin of one of the weapons might do the trick in a visual manner. Does one of them look even a tiny little bit like a brush? The Broken Trident looks a little like a comb...?

Hmm, a re-skin of one of the weapons might do the trick in a visual manner. Does one of them look even a tiny little bit like a brush? The Broken Trident looks a little like a comb...?
I am not sure if even a reskined weapon would be nice to the horse.... :flushed:
I think Marnie could sell something alike to groom the horse. And the horse could give a heart after grooming like the cat/dog does.