The doctor's... not there

arcaneoddity

Greenhorn
Hi!

I was considering putting this in the bug report forum but it doesn't break anything and there's more important things to fix for sure, but I just thought I'd put it out here.

When it rains, Harvey usually goes upstairs to his room above the clinic to do whatever it is he does in his spare time.

This at one point coincided with Demetrius's annual checkup in my latest save, and because Harvey stuck with his usual rainy day schedule, he just didn't show up for his patient's appointment.

Perhaps he thought that Demetrius, as a man of science, might be able to do it himself. It's still not particularly professional of him, I guess, and other patients would probably have more trouble with that.

That is to say, I did not really check if Harvey ditches patients like this consistently, but I would assume he does considering the schedule is tied to the weather that way.

Maybe it would be possible for the doctor to at some point reconsider and align his schedule with that of his patients so they might receive the treatment they deserve from their trusted healthcare professional. I know he'd feel bad about leaving them hanging.

Cheers!

ArtifactSpot

Yes, it’s one of his not good points. If it rains he’s upstairs listening to his pilot radio equipment. So if it rains on a patients health checkup day, then he won’t show up. It’s glitch, a bad schedule mix up. He also often doesn’t return home on Tuesday or Thursdays if you’re married to him. He winds up hanging out at the bus stop instead. Again another glitch.