Windows The counter for the Special Orders is broken

Carter

Greenhorn
I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or a feature, but if it's a feature I can't say I see the point of it.

For the Special Orders that the player gets from the big job board in town, a lot of them require the player to gather a number of resources. The counter that determines how many resources you've gathered seems to be based on how many you've picked up, not how many you have in your inventory. That leads to weird situations like the one in the screenshot below.

20230329001202_1.jpg

Sometimes the counter won't go up even when I have enough of the resource in my inventory, and other times the counter will be too high because I collected the resource and then lost it or spent it doing something else. I'm pretty sure this isn't how the counter is supposed to work, but if it is then someone please correct me.

Ereo

Helper
That's how it's supposed to work. Having two counters would be pretty pointless if the first one only told you for many you've picked up from a chest.

You need to gather the materials fresh after accepting the quest. The only thing where you can just pick something up (if I remember correctly) is the eggs for Gus, as long as they're in the autocollector.

Lew Zealand

Helper
You used to be able to fake some quests by having, for example, the amount of Copper Ore Clint was requesting in a Chest just waiting, and then transferring each Ore one at a time into your inventory to give to him. As Ereo said, the double bar here is to make sure you freshly gather those items from the Map and not from your previous storage, and then deliver the same amount to the person requesting the items.

They don't need to be the same items, but the quest is 2-fold:

Gather x resources
Deliver x resources