The community is bigger than you think!

VanLamar

Greenhorn
Hi, I propose to add the Ukrainian language, as the Ukrainian community of the game no less than others, and I think it would be very nice and nice when your native language is in the game, especially at a time like this.

Last edited:

Quirinea

Farmer
There is an Ukrainian language mod (I know because I used it to help making my mod for Finnish). That could probably be added to the "official" game (a contract with the modder is needed, of course, there's text material for a good size novel; job for months!)? Seemed to include most if not everything. The page with languages is full, but now there is a second page for mod languages.

VanLamar

Greenhorn
There is an Ukrainian language mod (I know because I used it to help making my mod for Finnish). That could probably be added to the "official" game (a contract with the modder is needed, of course, there's text material for a good size novel; job for months!)? Seemed to include most if not everything. The page with languages is full, but now there is a second page for mod languages.
You are right, but the font is not convenient there, and yes, I would like an official

Quirinea

Farmer
I presume the font is not a problem (you can just change the font of any text). What I meant was that the translating job has been done already (of course I don't know how good translation that is) and the rest is technicalities and legalities. The technically biggest thing would probably be to decide whether all official languages should fit on one page or split in two (BTW the language buttons are quite large, just replace the large graphics with normal-size text and you'd fit 50 languages in there).

Godkin

Planter
Voices are heard in the silence of the night, wandering across unseen boundaries. Hidden suggestions unraveled in words painted with mystery. The Ukrainian language, a wish hidden in the shadows, begs to be accepted and brought to life in the game. In times like these, the presence of our mother tongue in the world of games will bring indescribable joy, uniting with a community that is just as important.

Divine power flows in my veins, I am the chosen godkin who inherited the power of the gods, the "SEPUH" who reigns in the realm of Stardew Valley ( ̄⊿ ̄)╭

VanLamar

Greenhorn
I presume the font is not a problem (you can just change the font of any text). What I meant was that the translating job has been done already (of course I don't know how good translation that is) and the rest is technicalities and legalities. The technically biggest thing would probably be to decide whether all official languages should fit on one page or split in two (BTW the language buttons are quite large, just replace the large graphics with normal-size text and you'd fit 50 languages in there).
Really. But I think you can do the same as in fashion or a little differently, and everything will be fine, just add an arrow to turn the page.

VanLamar

Greenhorn
Voices are heard in the silence of the night, wandering across unseen boundaries. Hidden suggestions unraveled in words painted with mystery. The Ukrainian language, a wish hidden in the shadows, begs to be accepted and brought to life in the game. In times like these, the presence of our mother tongue in the world of games will bring indescribable joy, uniting with a community that is just as important.

Divine power flows in my veins, I am the chosen godkin who inherited the power of the gods, the "SEPUH" who reigns in the realm of Stardew Valley ( ̄⊿ ̄)╭
Not bad, even Stardew Valley style

Quirinea

Farmer
Really. But I think you can do the same as in fashion or a little differently, and everything will be fine, just add an arrow to turn the page.
You mean like it is done for language mods now? There is a second page if you have SMAPI installed and all the translation mods go there (Previously you had to put them to replace an existing language -- I had Finnish on top of Hungarian, with a wrong language code etc. Actually the current way of making those mods should make it very easy to "promote" a mod to be a part of the official game.

VanLamar

Greenhorn
You mean like it is done for language mods now? There is a second page if you have SMAPI installed and all the translation mods go there (Previously you had to put them to replace an existing language -- I had Finnish on top of Hungarian, with a wrong language code etc. Actually the current way of making those mods should make it very easy to "promote" a mod to be a part of the official game.
Well, everything worked for me, but it’s inconvenient because I have mods with which I play only in one save, and most often I play in the normal version and it’s not very convenient for me that my language is not there