Interior That's a display of my Weapons/Footwear and Ring collection that i'm proud of. It's quite difficult to arrange this and keep a system in it.

That is so cool!
thanks a lot! like i said it's really complicated to set up this display, if you forgot something somewhere you have to pull down signs and then have the stuff in your inventory to put them back on the sign. you can't go through this shed and just simply change something without destroying soemthing

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
what is dynamic seeding?
It’s a glitch in the game where by making a new save, entering a seed into that new save, then exiting the creation menu, the next save you load into (out of ones that already exist), that old save will now have the entered seed of the new save file you quit out of.

it’s a bit of a crazy coding error that made it by but it means you can enter seeds of saves that have all the alternate weapon rewards in the mines chest and get them on one save.

It’s a glitch in the game where by making a new save, entering a seed into that new save, then exiting the creation menu, the next save you load into (out of ones that already exist), that old save will now have the entered seed of the new save file you quit out of.

it’s a bit of a crazy coding error that made it by but it means you can enter seeds of saves that have all the alternate weapon rewards in the mines chest and get them on one save.
i'm sorry but what does "entering a seed" means? a "seed" like in the game for plants, or like the "remixed mine rewards only" thing?

and is it cheating or a glitch?

Lew Zealand

Helper
i'm sorry but what does "entering a seed" means? a "seed" like in the game for plants, or like the "remixed mine rewards only" thing?
Each time you start a new Stardew Valley save the game makes a unique random number and then uses that number to generate all the "random" things that happen in the game. That unique random number is usually referred to as a 'game seed'. Or just 'seed' to keep things simple. The concept is your game grows from this individual seed number. I forget where you can find your game seed but it is available for each of your saves.

Many games do this, for example Minecraft generates its entire world using a game seed randomly chosen at world creation, just like Stardew Valley. Want to start in a world that some YouTube Minecrafter started in? Get that game seed (they usually share them) and you can play the exact same world.

People have identified seeds in Stardew Valley (and Minecraft!) which give them advantages because those seeds have all the Artifact Spots or Mine Chest rewards or many other things in the shortest possible order so you don't have to wait as long to "find" everything. When you Hoe an Artifact Spot, you don't get a random chance right then of finding something. Instead the Artifact that you find was set when that initial game seed number was created and you are just uncovering that item. So if you know your game seed, you can know exactly the order of what items you will receive in which events during the course of your game.

I find this horrendously demystifying and don't want to tinker with any game seeds but that is a single person's opinion. I like a little mystery, thank you. Though.... if I could find a game seed that gives you the Red Cabbage Seed from the Traveling Cart Lady by Summer 1 Year 1, I would be tempted to use that game seed to start a new SDV save. 🤔

However I also like abusing numbers almost as much as abusing words so I fully get why FilthyGorilla and other people like to use game exploits to tinker and adjust their game seeds so they can accomplish things in a way that makes them happy.

Last edited:
i'm terrified, this is big news! maybe that's the reason i can't find the living hat and the work boots, even after spending nearly 10 years of ingame spare time. (overall 41 years)

Each time you start a new Stardew Valley save the game makes a unique random number and then uses that number to generate all the "random" things that happen in the game. That unique random number is usually referred to as a 'game seed'. Or just 'seed' to keep things simple. The concept is your game grows from this individual seed number. I forget where you can find your game seed but it is available for each of your saves.

Many games do this, for example Minecraft generates its entire world using a game seed randomly chosen at world creation, just like Stardew Valley. Want to start in a world that some YouTube Minecrafter started in? Get that game seed (they usually share them) and you can play the exact same world.

People have identified seeds in Stardew Valley (and Minecraft!) which give them advantages because those seeds have all the Artifact Spots or Mine Chest rewards or many other things in the shortest possible order so you don't have to wait as long to "find" everything. When you Hoe an Artifact Spot, you don't get a random chance right then of finding something. Instead the Artifact that you find was set when that initial game seed number was created and you are just uncovering that item. So if you know your game seed, you can know exactly the order of what items you will receive in which events during the course of your game.

I find this horrendously demystifying and don't want to tinker with any game seeds but that is a single person's opinion. I like a little mystery, thank you. Though.... if I could find a game seed that gives you the Red Cabbage Seed from the Traveling Cart Lady by Summer 1 Year 1, I would be tempted to use that game seed to start a new SDV save. 🤔

However I also like abusing numbers almost as much as abusing words so I fully get why FilthyGorilla and other people like to use game exploits to tinker and adjust their game seeds so they can accomplish things in a way that makes them happy.
i'm terrified, this is big news! maybe that's the reason i can't find the living hat and the work boots, even after spending nearly 10 years of ingame spare time. (overall 41 years)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
i played terraria
Do you know how world seeds work in that? Changing stuff like generation and where stuff spawns. If you enter the same seed many things will always be the exact same.

In stardew seeds play a smaller but still substantial role as anything that is predetermined in a save file based on the world seed (geode contents, where geodes spawn, enchantments, where stuff like giant crops will spawn and when, artifact spots, and way way more) can be recreated in another save by using the same seed.

usually in games you can only use one seed, the one you used (or the game made for you) when you made the save.

in stardew though, due to a glitch, you can change your seed of your save file to whatever you want just by doing what I said in the above comment. This allows you to change enchantments, geode contents, remixed mine rewards, and more.

Do you know how world seeds work in that? Changing stuff like generation and where stuff spawns. If you enter the same seed many things will always be the exact same.

In stardew seeds play a smaller but still substantial role as anything that is predetermined in a save file based on the world seed (geode contents, where geodes spawn, enchantments, where stuff like giant crops will spawn and when, artifact spots, and way way more) can be recreated in another save by using the same seed.

usually in games you can only use one seed, the one you used (or the game made for you) when you made the save.

in stardew though, due to a glitch, you can change your seed of your save file to whatever you want just by doing what I said in the above comment. This allows you to change enchantments, geode contents, remixed mine rewards, and more.
i'm starting to understand. first of all: thank you for taking all your time to explain this to me! i really appreciate this. saw a streamer going through codes, but i didn't understand for what. so never thought about this meta thing, even after 3,8k hrs. i remember terraria where the system builds up the world at the beginning, and it's always different. so for example is it possible to get the living hat like that? and could it crush your old world if you do that?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
i'm starting to understand. first of all: thank you for taking all your time to explain this to me! i really appreciate this. saw a streamer going through codes, but i didn't understand for what. so never thought about this meta thing, even after 3,8k hrs. i remember terraria where the system builds up the world at the beginning, and it's always different. so for example is it possible to get the living hat like that? and could it crush your old world if you do that?
Sadly you can’t get the living hat like that because it’s something that isn’t tied to the seed.
It’s just plain chance every time you break a fiber or kill a forest golem.
You can always just revert to your old seed too so nothing will change. Especially in late game saves the seed barely matters at all too.