1.6 Update Thank you, CA, for the Text Sign.

Tom

Farmer
@ConcernedApe, thank you for the Text Sign.

I can't tell how many times in my Stardew Valley experience I have secretly (and openly) wished for an in-game notepad. I didn't immediately jump on the Text Sign. But it really comes in handy when you need it. I may even use it to promote my mental health with little messages about stopping upon waking up in my Stardew bed. In fact, my first message was to "Have a nice day." (And my second message was to harvest my remotely planted Ancient Fruit on Summer 10.)

I never thought to leave myself notes with those! That could come in handy for reminders to keep that jar of cactus fruit jelly for the forest friends so it doesn't get sold with all the other artisan goods thus forcing me to start another batch again.

I remember reading a game suggestion thread a few years ago about adding a notebook, or writing on a calendar. I liked that idea a lot because I will forget things like sewer sprinkler Fridays or missing Queen of Sauce! I also forgot the fair one time! Using a sign to make reminders is going to be very helpful!

If it's the same Tom, he's been writing about Stardew Valley since before we had this forum. Things Tom wrote are often the top google search result!

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i'm wiping this thread to return it to the main topic at hand. please keep it to the topic only.

i enjoy the text signs! i like it for reminders or for silly things around the farm or town, and before i get off the game it can be really helpful to block the door with a sign so you HAVE to read it hahaha

Draconifors

Farmhand
I hadn't thought of using them to leave notes or reminders for myself, either, but it's a great idea and I'll definitely start doing it once I have too many things going on again.

In general, I like using text signs in games, and am glad they're in this one.
Labelling, just for fun, notices to self and/or NPCs (NPCs don't read, but it's fun to pretend)... signs have so many potential uses.

I had one sign next to my ocean crab pots and bait chest that said "Property of Esther" (the name of my character), because it was a public beach. :D

smellincoffee

Sodbuster
I'll have to try them out! Right now I have a lot of chests scattered around while I've tried to color-code them, I forget the color scheme. Green for seeds is obvious, as is black/grey for mining stuff, but I have three chests in varying shades of pink and purple...

SCLPTURES

Farmhand
i. love. signs. i am in love with the signs.

i put one near my chests to remind myself to re-organise them but i never thought of making little motivational notes for myself.

maybe i can leave a pretend note for my in-game spouse saying "hey ur cute ;)" or something like that, but yeah it totally adds a lot more freedom and customisation to the game

Yvi

Sodbuster
I got tired of looking up fruit sell value (for when I'm deciding which fruit to put in kegs) so I stuck a sign next to the fruit chest listing the most valuable fruit. (I have more kegs than ancient fruit at the moment)