Tesla Version?

maetech

Greenhorn
My coworker plays Stardew Valley on the Tesla (version 4.19.5-16.65) and told me they never got the letter from Willy to go to Ginger Island after completing all community bundles. They said the car is up to date but you don't update individual apps within it. I'm not a Tesla owner/user myself but I want to try to help.

Is anyone aware if the Tesla version runs with mobile updates/if it is updatable? Or how to check?

Thank you :)

LRangerR

Local Legend
Now to find a way to get the tesla to plant your crops for you so your junimos can harvest them for you m i rite? get crackin musk. 🙄

Odin

Staff member
Is anyone aware if the Tesla version runs with mobile updates/if it is updatable? Or how to check?
They could try checking by clicking on the credits button (bottom right) from the main screen, and then looking in the bottom left. Unfortunately, my understanding is that the native Tesla version is still on 1.4 and so it wouldn't have Ginger Island or anything added in the 1.5 update.

However (and I know this is not ideal), I believe Tesla added support for Steam in some cars, so if they have access to that, and have purchased Stardew on Steam, they may be able to get the new content that way. As for how they would transfer a save between the two versions, I do not know.

maetech

Greenhorn
They could try checking by clicking on the credits button (bottom right) from the main screen, and then looking in the bottom left. Unfortunately, my understanding is that the native Tesla version is still on 1.4 and so it wouldn't have Ginger Island or anything added in the 1.5 update.

However (and I know this is not ideal), I believe Tesla added support for Steam in some cars, so if they have access to that, and have purchased Stardew on Steam, they may be able to get the new content that way. As for how they would transfer a save between the two versions, I do not know.
Thank you! I'll pass this along. It seems like it's running the mobile version of the game and i know 1.5 dropped for mobile rather recently so we wondered if it was due to that but hoped it had pushed the update already and his specifically had not updated.

Good to know about steam support! I don't think he will want to start over entirely but it is something to definitely keep in mind

Thank you so much!