Talking to Wife/Girlfriend

grandriser

Greenhorn
Very good idea. This idea strongly follows FALLOUT 76 idea or maybe the SIMS. Added from yours, maybe we can ask Question like:
1. Hey how are you?
2. How's your day?
So it's a two way, they can ask you back. In fallout 76 and fallout 4, our lover can say "hey its good to see you here!" and so on. can talk about their feeling's standings.

Even if it were done in a simplified way, this would be nice. When asked what plans you have or what you did for the day, there would be a basic list of all the actions you took during the day. Planting, Harvesting, Ranching, Chopping, Foraging, Fishing, and Mining would all be included. This would allow you to tell your spouse that you spent the day harvesting and they could reply something vague like "I'm proud of the hard work you put into those crops honey!" Or you could tell them you spent the day Fishing and they could say "I can still smell them on you. *laughs* I hope you caught some big ones!"

If devs wanted to take it a step further, we could even have specific tags based on which subaction you did the most that day. So if you mined more iron than anything else that would be your Mining option, but you could also select your Planting Option which could be Hot Pepper that day. I do think this would be too specific to be immersive, as telling your spouse you spent the day Foraging Hazelnuts would need a relatively unique response compared to Foraging Horseradish. However, there could be some actions that would unlock a chat choice for specific things. Building/Upgrading, Moving/Placing, Crafting, Shopping/Selling, and Visiting NPCs could all do this. For example, you could say any of these things: "I went shopping down at Pierre's today." "I placed some new Hardwood Fence today." "I spent the day with Willy today."In this system, there would be a pretty finite number of specific tags to the action so it should be easier to write dialogue for. I imagine any upgrade or new building on the farm would elicit the same "This farm has grown so much since we got married. It's amazing what we've accomplished together!"

As for asking questions to your spouse, I think @grandriser has it down. Simple 2 question option to make sure not too many dialogue lines need to be written/coded. I do think that it should be unlocked in all Best Friend and Boyfriend/Girlfriend relationships. This way we can get a unique ability to finally ask how our friends feel. :) There could be a list of random replies for them to give you based on their personality. Haley might say she spent the day in her darkroom when asked what she did, Alex might say he's been worrying about how old Dusty is now when asked how he is, or Leah might say she's thinking about another art show. This could be a once a day action as not to overuse it.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
There are plenty of times when we are given dialogue options. It would be nice to have them more often when folks talk to us, and not just for those we've married or are dating.