Tackle Box – a “dresser” for fishing tackle

noobsqoou

Planter
I keep running into situations where so much free tackle drops from fishing treasure chests, panning, etc. that it really starts to fill up even the big chests new to 1.6.

I like how the dresser can store and organize a virtually endless amount of unstackable clothing instead of having to dedicate a whole room of chests to store it all. I think it would be cool to have a similar furniture item that can store the wide variety of unstackable tackle available in the game.

An additional useful function of this is that, if you need to move the tackle box, you can just grab it like a dresser and place it elsewhere, instead having to bump a chest around with a pickaxe or fill up your inventory with tackle so you can break it. This can even mean being able to take the tackle box with you on a fishing trip so you can place it right next to your fishing spot, which would further allow you to leave room in your backpack without all the backup tackle taking up space.

Of course, being able to also store the wide variety of bait in this would help too, but idk how stackable items would work with the dresser’s function – or if it even can work.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Great idea! There’s lots of furniture like this I’d pay a premium on. Food storage is a big one. Those fridges are way too small.

I keep running into situations where so much free tackle drops from fishing treasure chests, panning, etc. that it really starts to fill up even the big chests new to 1.6.

I like how the dresser can store and organize a virtually endless amount of unstackable clothing instead of having to dedicate a whole room of chests to store it all. I think it would be cool to have a similar furniture item that can store the wide variety of unstackable tackle available in the game.

An additional useful function of this is that, if you need to move the tackle box, you can just grab it like a dresser and place it elsewhere, instead having to bump a chest around with a pickaxe or fill up your inventory with tackle so you can break it. This can even mean being able to take the tackle box with you on a fishing trip so you can place it right next to your fishing spot, which would further allow you to leave room in your backpack without all the backup tackle taking up space.

Of course, being able to also store the wide variety of bait in this would help too, but idk how stackable items would work with the dresser’s function – or if it even can work.
This would be awesome. CA could even reuse the design for the tackle box in Willy's shop!

Njin

Planter
I think it's a great Idea as well. I have a box full of mystery lures & can't do much with 'em and there is no deconstruction of it. I Certainly would be happier with a better way to store my fishing stuff as I'd like to keep more of the good lures on hand .