Switching from Pc to Mobile

Biffski

Newcomer
I am able to copy my mobile game save file to PC, but I cannot copy my progress back to mobile; "save file incompatible".

I would really love to be able to switch back and forth and play stardew on my mobile when I'm away from PC (which us quite often).

Will this compatibility issue ever be resolved?
Are there any legends out there who have found a way to convert the file somehow for mobile?
Cheers!

Elenna101

Farmer
It's incompatible because PC is on a later version than mobile (since mobile does not yet have the 1.5 version). Presumably once 1.5 comes to mobile they will be compatible. We don't know when that will be, the team that was working on the mobile version screwed up somehow and CA had to find a new team to do it, so who knows how much they had to redo.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I suppose the only way would be if you had a v1.4 save or install on PC which you haven't updated to v1.5, and then you could move your save between those platforms. Not possible in Steam (I think) as it autoupdates to the most recent version, but if you have GOG and you kept old standalone installers, you could do this. I have those, not by design but by laziness.

See? Lazy works out sometimes! I'll never change.

Biffski

Newcomer
I suppose the only way would be if you had a v1.4 save or install on PC which you haven't updated to v1.5, and then you could move your save between those platforms. Not possible in Steam (I think) as it autoupdates to the most recent version, but if you have GOG and you kept old standalone installers, you could do this. I have those, not by design but by laziness.

See? Lazy works out sometimes! I'll never change.
The idea is a good one, however yes, I'm on steam :P

I guess It's just a waiting game. Such a shame...