Issue [SVE]: Ginger Island unlocks keep disappearing

Daemirish

Newcomer
I've been keeping up with the updates since 1.5, and altogether have had a wonderful transition. Prior to the most recent PyTK and TMXLoader updates, my Trade Shop and Bridge-to-Boneyard unlocks would regularly disappear after 1-2 in-game days of play, and come back after re-starting the game or inserting a fresh copy of SVE. This has been resolved now, but today I just had my Island Home revert to the broken state, coincidentally after replacing the Single Grassy Bed with the Double Bed from the Island Trader.

SAMPI doesn't generate any error messages, and it hasn't reported any of the mods as being out-of-date. I could attach the save file if that helps, although I'm uncertain whether it's the entire folder or just one of the files within. Thank you for reading!

mouse

Farmer
I've seen several reports of this now from users that were using SVE, and either saw or heard of one somewhere else that may or may not have used SVE. I'm uncertain about what's causing it (e.g. is it something in SVE's maps, is it a parent framework, could it even be vanilla and I only hang out in modding areas, etc) and was unable to make it happen on purpose when I installed SVE. I have a save file now, so maybe it will help. I imagine the author (and authors of associated frameworks) are holidaying so even if it was tracked down tonight an update is probably not going to be tomorrow :D

coincidentally after replacing the Single Grassy Bed with the Double Bed from the Island Trader.
Do you mean you walked inside, swapped out a bed, walked out, and it had reverted?

Daemirish

Newcomer
The Island House only reverted when I returned the next day, after replacing the bed. Having continued to play, I'm convinced the issue appears simply after a few in-game days have passed, so I just exit and re-start every 3-4 days. Also -- and I don't know if this is related at all -- but I do have the previous Tempered Galaxy Sword in my inventory, which doesn't have an icon anymore after the update. I wonder if this "glitched" item is contributing to some kind of degradation.

Incidentally, I just unlocked the Parrot Express, so even if the Graveyard Bridge glitches out, I still have access!

Daedelonis

Tiller
I can also confirm the Ginger Island Trader and the bridge that goes to the dig site from Professor Snail's tent disappears after a couple in-game days playing. And then it doesn't reappear unless the game is restarted.

I can also confirm the farmhouse going back to its original state unlocking the Resort at the Docks and I had a similar issue with the OG poster when I switched out the double bed with a Tropical Double Bed that I had gotten from the Trader.

I can also confirm the icon for the Tempered Galaxy Sword is not visible even though the weapon is there. Apparently it is replaced with a Level 38 version of the weapon with the same name. So the original sword from pre-1.5 still exists but is not purchaseable in 1.5 because the stats were downgraded (I assume for forge weapon enchanting purposes).

I wonder if the other bugs I've encountered are related to the SVE mod. I am using Better Junimos mod for my Junimo Huts on my farm and if there are seeds leftover in a season transition, the seeds change into random non-seed items but they keep the seed tag. So they don't become useful after a season changes.

Also when Junimos or the character plants any seeds during Winter, they will disappear the next day and the Junimos will keep replanting the seeds if they are leftover in the hut.

I've also encountered a new bug where picking up the quest Island Ingredients off the new job board in Pelican City, when harvesting Ginger around the island, it does not count towards the harvesting objective and when I tried shipping the 100 Ginger I already had, it didn't count for the shipping objective.