Surprise marriage

Corvus

Sodbuster
I just got done reading this YouTube video where SharkeyGames completes his starter game, the 20th episode in the playlist, filling all the collections, gotten the statue, seen Grandpa on the summit, and tops it off by marrying... Jodi??

How is this possible? Is there a mod that allows you to woo all the NPCs, even the married ones?

Last edited:

nightmare

Greenhorn
You see I like the idea that some of the mods do, like allowing players to marry non marriage candidates. Since the player is allowed to divorce and remarry over and over I don’t see why non marriage candidates like Jodi or Caroline or even Pierre or Gus if the mood strikes you. I hope that these become something we can look forward to in the future.

imnvs

Local Legend
I don’t see why non marriage candidates like Jodi or Caroline or even Pierre or Gus if the mood strikes you.
Two of the people you listed are married already. One is in a relationship. You would like to have the power to break up other people's relationships? Every marriage mod that allows you to break up others' relationships just because you want to strikes me as slimy at best.

nightmare

Greenhorn
Two of the people you listed are married already. One is in a relationship. You would like to have the power to break up other people's relationships? Every marriage mod that allows you to break up others' relationships just because you want to strikes me as slimy at best.
Not so much break them up just have an option where you have someone that was widowed or divorced themselves. Or better yet have a couple of more citizens because you would think if you got a town on the rise with either a Community Center or backed by Joja would have some more people move in and another area or two to have them live.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Some mods only let you woo already single villagers. Some mods change the story or character. I know there's one that replaces Pierre with a lesbian second Mom for Abigail who is much more attentive to her family. It wouldn't surprise me if there are some that erase marriages entirely.

Some mods are very good and make the game better, but there are some dumb and/or awful ones out there. (eg. the ones that make Demetrius a white guy and pale down Maru's skin).

Quirinea

Farmer
Some mods only let you woo already single villagers. Some mods change the story or character. I know there's one that replaces Pierre with a lesbian second Mom for Abigail who is much more attentive to her family. It wouldn't surprise me if there are some that erase marriages entirely.

Some mods are very good and make the game better, but there are some dumb and/or awful ones out there. (eg. the ones that make Demetrius a white guy and pale down Maru's skin).
I can imagine someone making a mod like that, but wouldn't it be removed (at least from Nexus). I remember one mod (didn't look very closely) named "Robin never divorced" where Demetrius was replaced with "Sebastian's father" a white guy of course, I don't know what was done with Maru, the introduction spoke about "family values". Oh yeah. If you wish to promote "family values", what about Penny's and Alex's fathers?
(and it says nowhere that Robin had divorced, I actually got an idea and made a mod about what happened to Seb's father)

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I can imagine someone making a mod like that, but wouldn't it be removed (at least from Nexus). I remember one mod (didn't look very closely) named "Robin never divorced" where Demetrius was replaced with "Sebastian's father" a white guy of course, I don't know what was done with Maru, the introduction spoke about "family values". Oh yeah. If you wish to promote "family values", what about Penny's and Alex's fathers?
(and it says nowhere that Robin had divorced, I actually got an idea and made a mod about what happened to Seb's father)
Nexus doesn't seem to pull mods for that; it's actually one of the reasons the makers of Diverse Stardew Valley moved all their work to Moddrop.

Quirinea

Farmer
Nexus doesn't seem to pull mods for that; it's actually one of the reasons the makers of Diverse Stardew Valley moved all their work to Moddrop.
Hmmm. I'm pretty sure that those "family values" were taken down. I suspect they rely on people reporting. There seems to be all kinds of mess (like "nude" mods), but I've not seen directly offensive ones.

Isa730

Rancher
This doesn't seem too bad to me, especially given it's not in the base game. xD Besides, Jodi's a strong, independent woman who can choose to marry or not marry who she likes! :laugh: (Besides, if the Sims gives you that power, what's stopping Stardew mods?)

Even so, though, it could have been that this person was using the polyamory mod, right? I can't quite remember but doesn't that one let you marry pretty much everyone in the valley, or is it just bachelor(ettes)?

nightmare

Greenhorn
This doesn't seem too bad to me, especially given it's not in the base game. xD Besides, Jodi's a strong, independent woman who can choose to marry or not marry who she likes! :laugh: (Besides, if the Sims gives you that power, what's stopping Stardew mods?)

Even so, though, it could have been that this person was using the polyamory mod, right? I can't quite remember but doesn't that one let you marry pretty much everyone in the valley, or is it just bachelor(ettes)?
I believe I saw Sharky Games on YouTube play on a mod where he dated Jodi. However I don’t use mods as I just started playing Stardew only 2 or so weeks ago and I’m still getting use to the mechanics, gameplay, and storylines.

Isa730

Rancher
I believe I saw Sharky Games on YouTube play on a mod where he dated Jodi. However I don’t use mods as I just started playing Stardew only 2 or so weeks ago and I’m still getting use to the mechanics, gameplay, and storylines.
I haven't used mods either since I'm on my first farm still and just wanted to play the base game only but...there are a lot of minor inconveniences that are making me consider it! That being said, the marriage thing isn't one of them, I'm already sold on Shane. :shane: I think I recall the Sharky Games thing though!