Sugary treats?

Messyart

Greenhorn
Linus taught me how to turn any fish into sashimi, and that's awesome...

But perhaps Evelyn would like to teach me how to make taffy?
Or, perhaps Robin would like to sell me a cotton-candy machine?

Cute little food items, nothing too fancy, y'know?
1 sugar = 5 taffy or 1 cotton candy.
1 honey = 5 taffy.
Call it 35 energy and 15 health each way (Comparing base costs to that of crab pot "fish" and the stats and ease of acquiring to sashimi)
I imagine most of the denizens would like cotton candy as a gift, perhaps Harvey and some of the old timers disliking it - Kids obviously loving it.
Be a little more interesting with taffy, more likely the older folks liking it (From experience, especially the honey taffy for older folks).

For those who don't know, you make taffy by melting sugar into water, and then maintaining heat to evaporate most of the water. As it cools, it takes on a slightly firmer consistency whereby you can handle it. Then, you stretch it out repeatedly to introduce air and it stiffens up. When it's nice and stiff, you roll it out into whatever shape and cut it into pieces. Works with pure honey, too. I worked in a care home and used to make it at night for some of the residents. They loved it, and it was great for sore throats. c:
(I'm on a diet, my sweet tooth is going crazy, don't judge me.)

Last edited:
If they don't add taffy dondurma is a good sub. It's that Turkish style ice cream that is really stretchy. Hmm if they activate the desert trader to have a personality then maybe she could teach you the recipe