Solved Sudden Black Screen Entering Community Center

Knightbro

Greenhorn
I think I can figure out how to do that.

However, from what I can tell, the ORIGINAL Community Bundle overhaul mod (pre-content patcher) acknowledged the error, and updated accordingly, but the CP version did not.

It looks like there is possibly an unofficial update for the CP version of this mod, that I am going to search for (hopefully quickly), and install. If that doesn't fix it, I will report back with my save file! Thank you for all your help Kreeate!

Knightbro

Greenhorn
Oh dear...

Any change you could upload your save and post it here please?

EDIT: In the meantime, could you change the reward type to Crabpots, just as a test. Then reload your save file and enter the CC again.
Ok. So Yes I think it has to do with an error in my physical save file, and not with the mod. I believe the mod created the initial error however.

After going into both the original, and your updated version, and replacing that "0 165 5" string with the "0 710 30" below it, I still get the error in SMAPI with the 0 165 5 error.
"An error occurred in the base update loop: FormatException: Failed to parse item text description "0 166 5" with delimiter " ".

This does lead me to believe that it created this item bundle, and my save game doesn't know what to do with it. Let me find my actual game save.. I'm not sure which one you want, or the best way to post it here, but I will report back shortly.

Kreeate

Rancher
For what it's worth, I installed the [CP] CommunityCenterBundleOverhaul on my SDV 1.5.5 beta version with no other mods.
Same error in the SMAPI log.

Then I installed the exact same mod in my SDV 1.5.4 version and no errors at all.

Knightbro

Greenhorn
Here goes. Please replace your save folder with this one and try to enter the CC again.
Don't forget to make a backup of the old folder first!
Holy smokes! That WORKED!! You are a life saver! Thank you soo much!

I also updated the original mod with your earlier fix, so hopefully this doesn't happen again in the future!

whispers65

Cowpoke
Here goes. Please replace your save folder with this one and try to enter the CC again.
Hiya....not sure how this forum works...and definitely not trying to hijack a thread.. I'm just not sure if I am supposed to open another thread or not. But this is the exact same problem that I have. I am using Community Center Bundle Overhaul. I was in the fishing bundles and I could not claim a reward. I followed this thread and downloaded the fix for content.json and I see how that was an issue, but I'm not sure how to fix my save file. I have 100+ hours and I'd like to keep going. I'm the king of restarting but don't want to this time. AGAIN lol. Can you give me some insight into what you changed in the saved files? I've never edited anything in Stardew before but I do have some technical background. Thank you!

Update: Not sure I did it correctly, but I saw that the files were xml files. I opened both of the files on here with notepad++ and did a compare and saw a difference. I changed the difference in my game file (after making a backup) and the community center is back open and appears to be working normal. I wish I knew what I was doing more. I hope I did it right. My sister is going to have the same issue.

Last edited:

birdenthusiast

Newcomer
Hello! Unsure about reopening this discussion but I have the same problem - but I don't use the Community Center Bundle Overhaul. The community center won't let me collect rewards from the fall foraging bundle, and I'm not actually sure what's causing this. I've tried taking a few mods out but still, the issue happens. It also just happens across all files - including new ones I make. Any insight on what could be causing the problem? (I could provide a smapi log if needed)

Odin

Staff member
Oops, totally didn't forget about me posting in this forum here. Here's my SMAPI log. I tested some things out later on, and I noticed that the bundles only give me the rewards if I didn't choose the "remix community bundles" option.
No problem, thanks for sharing the log! It looks like you need to install https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/6361 in order for another one of your mods to work, and since that's related to CC bundles, I would start there.