Strategy

Dorito

Tiller
so i was wondering
How many ponds,barn and coops you guys have or what are they occupied with
Or are your sheds full of keg maybe preserve jars
Somehow your strategy
I don’t really care about making the highest amount of money in the game but i guess my strategy is that i want my farm to be full-filling, like having everything i can possibly or rarely need , idk if that make any sense 😂🤭

Lew Zealand

Helper
I keep a patch of sprinkled outside crops on the Farm for each season, usually to the size of however many Quality Sprinklers I have left after the Greenhouse transition to Iridium. This can be a 400+ spot patch sometimes. It is rarely full. 😴

I keep one full size Coop with one of each animal and the rest full with Dinosaurs and one full size Barn with one of each animal again and then the rest with Pigs. And a very large grassy yard from which they can eat for the 3 outdoor seasons of the year. 3x Silos full by Fall 28 for Winter munchies.

One Shed gets full of roughly half each of Kegs and Preserves Jars, with a single one of each outside the door indicating the status of the stuff inside. I haven't expanded beyond this yet though I aspire to do so. Much like I aspire to eat Kale IRL but fail do to so.

Greenhouse is full of mostly Ancient Fruit but with one line of all the other various crops which are plant-once-harvest-forever. For variety, color, fulfillment. Fruit trees around the periphery for the same reasons.

I like Fish Ponds so usually have 4-8 of them with all the different colors. Well, because colors. Every single time I finally finish a full Pond of Fish, I no longer need the resources from it. WITHOUT FAIL. But they stay because happy jumpy Fish!

There's usually a grove of Tapped Trees a bit further away on the Farm, but like the ponds, this gets finished at the exact time I no longer need it.

I leave my Storage Chests and Processing Machines outside in convenient places usually near the Farmhouse, which apparently is a risk (lightning?) but I've never lost anything that I've been able to identify. I should maybe move all that into a Shed but I *really* like to see what's actually happening on the screen instead of being hidden in a Shed.

One thing to enjoy this is to let things go if you have something else to do. Leave the Ponds ungathered, the Coop/Shed doors open, the animals unpetted, the Ancient Fruit Preserves unharvested. It can wait a day for other more fun things.

I don't spend much time in the new v1.5 places so other people will have great suggestions for that.

Last edited:

Phate4569

Planter
In Greenhouse:
- 116 Ancient Fruit
- 9 pomegranites
- 9 peach

In farm:
- 1 barn pigs (only in early game)
- 1 barn cows
- 1 coop 1 dino, 2 rabbit, 3 duck (only early game), 4 chicken (only early game)

2 Juni fields with 548 Ancient fruit (late game

3 Deluxe Sheds w/ Kegs

1 Deluxe Shed w/ Crystalariums: Quartz
1 Deluxe Shed split with 1/4 Jade, 1/4 Ruby, 1/2 Diamond

2 Slime Hutches

18 fish ponds for when I need to rapid produce fish for food

60 lightning rods to protect the farm (and for battery generation when I storm-spawn)

50 tea bushes acting as fences.

I think that's the majority.

Hill Myna

Farmer
Well, with 13,998,967G in hand, I've swapped a strategy out for a game-plan. And a game-plan is my route to a 100% complete farm.

So, for a start, 12 of every animal. That means 5 Barns and 7 Coops, because Brown and White Cows/Chickens can live together. All I need is one more Deluxe Barn and to upgrade one of my Coops to a Deluxe Coop. And a day when Marnie is available.

Also, 8 Deluxe Sheds for the 8 different types of Fruit Trees that I can plant in front of them. 6 of them are built. Each has a different theme/purpose:
  • Green Tea Shed
  • Movie Shed
  • Joja Shed
  • Chef Shed
  • Storage Shed
  • Crystalarium Shed
  • Preserves Jar Shed
  • Keg Shed
I have all the Fish Ponds I'd ever want (9), one of each special colour plus Blobfish, Sturgeon, Stingray, Octopus, and Squid.

I also have a Slime Hutch, a Mill, a Well, one of each Cabin, a Golden Clock (sat right next to a Meteorite), all four Obelisks, and 2 Junimo Huts covering 6 Iridium Sprinklers in the small space the Beach Farm provides. And a bombo-big Gourmand Statue!

The Greenhouse contains one of each Fruit Tree and plenty of Coffee. I'm wondering if I should plant one of each crop in there as well...

I'll soon have one of each of Lupini's masterpieces, and I'm spending a few minutes every day practicing my Junimo Kart skills to get the Arcade System to put next my JotPK one.

Ginger Island, on the other hand, is a barren and deserted waste of leftover Ancient Fruit and Beehouses. I'm still working on it...

LRangerR

Local Legend
One thing to enjoy this is to let things go if you have something else to do. Leave the Ponds ungathered, the Coop/Shed doors open, the animals unpetted, the Ancient Fruit Preserves unharvested. It can wait a day for other more fun things.
While i agree with allowing yourself to skip some things if you feel like it, the only thing i have to say about this is that fish ponds refresh with new loot each day, so if you see something you like you should grab it. Otherwise yeah, there are some days I don't check my coops/barns for several days only to walk into a ton of rabbit fur that looks more as if a fox got into the coop before i did.

On my current farm, I just have one of each animal. My greenhouse is mostly blueberries and cranberries and I'm going to add fruit trees. I only have 4 or 5 quality sprinklers of outdoor crops, and they are mostly wild seeds and mixed seeds. It's not really a high profit or goal oriented farm. :smile:

I have a deluxe barn with 4 pigs, 4, goats, and 4 cows. I have a deluxe coop with 4 rabbits, 3 ducks, 3 chickens, 1 dinosaur, and one void chicken. I have 8 big sheds full of kegs (about 1,100, AKA completely overkill) 4 ponds one with lava eels, one with ice pips, one with sturgeon, and one with midnight squid. I have 4 junimo huts and about 700ish spots for crops with them, I have the golden clock, all of the obelisks, a greenhouse with 116 ancient fruit, and I have a stable. I am nearing perfection and have total earnings of 35 million g, I also have 6 statues of endless fortune, and 50 crystalariums (many more to come). I may have forgotten some things, but I think you get the gist.
(If you were wondering, I have spent almost 400 hours on this save)

imnvs

Local Legend
Current farm:
1 barn with 6 cows, 6 goats
1 barn with 5 pigs, 7 ostriches (when done in quick succession this means 1 ostrich egg/day)
1 coop with 12 rabbits
1 coop with 4 chickens, 2 ducks, 4 dinos
1 crafting shed
1 crystalarium shed
1 statue shed (late game only, houses my statue of perfection, statue of true perfection and statues of endless fortune)
1 shed I call my half&half shed (1/2 jars, 1/2 kegs, processes daily harvests of fruit/veg)
2 sheds preserves jars (processes my bulk jams/pickles)
5 sheds kegs (processes my bulk wines/juices)
1 pond for eel (easy supply of ingredients for spicy eel)
3 ponds, 1 each for midnight squid, flounder, midnight carp (easy supply of ingredients for seafoam pudding)
6 ponds, 2 each for lava eel, blobfish and ice pip (for expensive roe and frozen/magma geodes)
2 junimo huts, each covering 272 tillable tiles for 544 crops at a time
-1 junimo hut (further from home) has only crops that continue to produce and do not need replanting around it
-1 junimo hut (closeer to home) has all the crops that need replanting around it

Greenhouse: 20 coffee, 96 ancient fruit planted in tillable space; 1 pom, peach, orange, cherry; 2 apple, apricot, mango as they are cooking ingredients; 8 bananas

Island farm: 432 ancient fruit, 84 fairy rose honey

Last edited:
Current farm:
1 barn with 6 cows, 6 goats
1 barn with 5 pigs, 7 ostriches (when done in quick succession this means 1 ostrich egg/day)
1 coop with 12 rabbits
1 coop with 4 chickens, 2 ducks, 4 dinos
1 crafting shed
1 crystalarium shed
1 statue shed (late game only, houses my statue of perfection, statue of true perfection and statues of endless fortune)
1 shed I call my half&half shed (1/2 jars, 1/2 kegs, processes daily harvests of fruit/veg)
2 sheds preserves jars (processes my bulk jams/pickles)
5 sheds kegs (processes my bulk wines/juices)
1 pond for eel (easy supply of ingredients for spicy eel)
3 ponds, 1 each for midnight squid, flounder, midnight carp (easy supply of ingredients for seafoam pudding)
6 ponds, 2 each for lava eel, blobfish and ice pip (for expensive roe and frozen/magma geodes)
2 junimo huts, each covering 272 tillable tiles for 544 crops at a time
-1 junimo hut (further from home) has only crops that continue to produce and do not need replanting around it
-1 junimo hut (closeer to home) has all the crops that need replanting around it
I only have 4 preserves jars for "reasons". I don't make preserves jars because they are so expensive to make and are generally less lucrative than kegs. It's a matter of opinion but is still based on fact, as preserves jars take 10 coal whereas kegs take two. I guess I just have a bias against them and I'm not being totally fair, but I still don't like them :/

imnvs

Local Legend
I only have 4 preserves jars for "reasons". I don't make preserves jars because they are so expensive to make and are generally less lucrative than kegs. It's a matter of opinion but is still based on fact, as preserves jars take 10 coal whereas kegs take two. I guess I just have a bias against them and I'm not being totally fair, but I still don't like them :/
Cauli processed in a jar is worth more than cauli processed in a keg, just fyi and in case that changes your mind a little.

Cauli processed in a jar is worth more than cauli processed in a keg, just fyi and in case that changes your mind a little.
Like I said, I'm kinda biased. I just like to use my coal to make other stuff I guess. I know they are useful and that's why I have a few but I *obviously* like kegs better. (me standing over here giggling with my 1000+ kegs)

Just as an FYI though, anyone on this thread do NOT make this many kegs. It is completely unnecessary and I kinda regret it. I'm never going to plant 1,000 ancient fruit again, or 1,000 of any crop again for that matter... So, I'm just going to have to get rid of most of them anyway... I used them for a total of a year, and it made me 30 mil but it was super tedious and boring to spend an ENTIRE day EVERY seven days. DON'T do it. Make a more reasonable amount like 500-700. Just a bit of info.

Just as an FYI though, anyone on this thread do NOT make this many kegs. It is completely unnecessary and I kinda regret it. I'm never going to plant 1,000 ancient fruit again, or 1,000 of any crop again for that matter... So, I'm just going to have to get rid of most of them anyway... I used them for a total of a year, and it made me 30 mil but it was super tedious and boring to spend an ENTIRE day EVERY seven days. DON'T do it. Make a more reasonable amount like 500-700. Just a bit of info.
In one playthrough I filled the sewer with preserves jars, and my entire game became feeding the jars, and it wasn't very fun.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Like I said, I'm kinda biased. I just like to use my coal to make other stuff I guess. I know they are useful and that's why I have a few but I *obviously* like kegs better. (me standing over here giggling with my 1000+ kegs)
If you're that concerned about coal then you can make charcoal kilns to process your wood quickly. Or if cost isn't a matter then just buy it straight from clint. Coal is one of those things that's so easy for me to come by in so many different forms that it's literally not even a factor unless it's super early game.

If you're that concerned about coal then you can make charcoal kilns to process your wood quickly. Or if cost isn't a matter then just buy it straight from clint. Coal is one of those things that's so easy for me to come by in so many different forms that it's literally not even a factor unless it's super early game.
I used charcoal kilns early game and proceeded to regret it. I used pretty much all of my wood after cutting down pretty much every tree, so I couldn't even get any more wood 🤦‍♂️Again, I'm kinda biased about the coal dilemma because I think that you can never have enough, and using all of my coal to make a lot of preserves jars... I don't think so.

imnvs

Local Legend
I used charcoal kilns early game and proceeded to regret it. I used pretty much all of my wood after cutting down pretty much every tree, so I couldn't even get any more wood 🤦‍♂️Again, I'm kinda biased about the coal dilemma because I think that you can never have enough, and using all of my coal to make a lot of preserves jars... I don't think so.
At the point I'm at, if I cut down trees... I spend a day doing it and at the end the Cindersap looks like a grasslands. It still barely dents my need for wood... and I don't use kilns because it uses up my wood. I just buy wood and stone from Robin (constantly, and in batches numbering thousands each time) and coal from Clint (somewhat regularly, usually in batches of about 500).

Srsly, my man... with the quantity of kegs you have? You can make plenty of money for buying coal in order to make cauli pickles. They're the best use of cauli, I promise you. And if you can produce a ton of them, you'll need a few jars to process them... and in the long run, it IS worth it.

At the point I'm at, if I cut down trees... I spend a day doing it and at the end the Cindersap looks like a grasslands. It still barely dents my need for wood... and I don't use kilns because it uses up my wood. I just buy wood and stone from Robin (constantly, and in batches numbering thousands each time) and coal from Clint (somewhat regularly, usually in batches of about 500).

Srsly, my man... with the quantity of kegs you have? You can make plenty of money for buying coal in order to make cauli pickles. They're the best use of cauli, I promise you. And if you can produce a ton of them, you'll need a few jars to process them... and in the long run, it IS worth it.
I know that, but at this point it's not even worth it. I have 10 mil in the bank right now and I already have all of the big investments. I can pretty much stop farming entirely by this point, and yes I buy all of my wood and coal.

I know that, but at this point it's not even worth it. I have 10 mil in the bank right now and I already have all of the big investments. I can pretty much stop farming entirely by this point, and yes I buy all of my wood and coal.
I could easily make hundreds of preserves jars and barely make a dent in my cash but... What is the point? I'm already very much running out of space on my farm so I figure that I don't need to make any more money making apparatus any more.

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend

I suppose part of the problem with this conversation is that he's already past the "in the long run" phase of the game.

I suppose part of the problem with this conversation is that he's already past the "in the long run" phase of the game.
Exactly. I just don't care about efficiency or money any more. I can appreciate the advice for a future playthrough, but I just don't care about a little more money. It just doesn't make enough of a difference for me to care. I'm working much more on the other parts of perfection like cooking and fishing right now, instead of money. But I can totally appreciate the advice for the future!