Stop blocking doorways, beds, and possibly others!

Koesherbacon

Greenhorn
Hi, I'm new here and have a confession. I don't actually play SDV myself but my wife loves it and she is constantly complaining about not being able to get inside her home and/or get in bed and retire for the night.

Friends, spouses, pets, (in her game she's only had this happen with cats), and generally any other NPC will be standing directly in the square that enters a doorway, or is blocking access to the bed itself.

Is there a way to forcibly move these highly annoying NPCs?

Thanks so much!

Nudging the pet/person repeatedly seems to work. My cat does it all the time, I just keep nudging her (walking into her) to get her furry little butt out of my way lol. After a few times she usually moves, it's kinda cute since cats love to be all over whatever you're trying to do. Longer time players might know some additional tips/tricks, like if a farm animal is in the way of a machine, exiting and re-entering seems to move them to a different spot. I'm still a relatively new player despite being on year 4 in-game.

Last edited:

MissDandy

Farmer
Yeah I feel this. If you just keep trying to walk through them, your farmer will eventually just walk through them. That's true for NPCs and pets, which I didn't know when I started and my dog was blocking my way off the farm while I was trying to get to a passing by train lol. I gave up after a few seconds, but learned after that if I would have kept trying for just a few more seconds I would have went through him.

Ereo

Helper
Sometimes with the dog, it helps if you move a little bit to the side and then try again.

Like many have, I've passed out INSIDE my house because of that bloody dog! Worst still, I got the message saying someone found me and brought me home and I'm scratching my head thinking, "I was already home! Why are you coming into my house?"

The pets can be problematic, but if you're not on a time crunch then pretending you're The Mighty Pam and moving into them works fine.

You can walk through pets, farm animals, spouses, kids, villagers...

Just keep walking into them. The cat will move, the others will let you walk through.
I've noticed I can do this (walking through amimals) with a controller paired on mobile/tablet, but not with touch operations. I have to do the nudge thing. Interesting the differences between different platforms and controls.

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
On my phone it works, but it's easier on PC. I often have to get around my animals to get back out of the barn. I just keep my finger on the screen until the farmer passed through the cow. It doesn't work so well if I want to do something behind the animal (like use the autograbber or put hay on the bench) because apparently I need to press on floor space where the character can walk.