Stone Owl

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, prior to 1.5 the stone owl event was rare... like, rarer than it should have been because of a bug. That got fixed. It's still not super common, but yes, you can get more than one stone owl even and get more than one stone owl as a result. I have 2 on my Beach Farm too. 😀

Lew Zealand

Helper
Congrats on the Stone Owls! Nice farm placement, too. They used to be so rare (game programming error, apparently) along with the Strange Capsule, that people made YT videos about getting one. I have a Strange Capsule on my Beach Farm, it's my pride and joy as I did nothing to get it and I do nothing about it. The very model of perfection. Only to be equalled in lack of effort by the Stone Owl if and when it ever appears.

Boo1972

Farmer
Congrats on your stone owl! I think it’s still pretty rare. I love mine too. I also got the strange capsule which is very cool. Plus, Demetrius gave me a tea set for Christmas my first year. It’s embarrassing how excited I was.

MissDandy

Farmer
All I've had so far is the strange capsule! Is there a chance to get a stone owl on any type of farm? Might be a silly question but just wondering haha.

Johndeere756

Planter
All I've had so far is the strange capsule! Is there a chance to get a stone owl on any type of farm? Might be a silly question but just wondering haha.
You will get one sooner or later. I had one file that I got several pretty soon. I started putting them everywhere, even one in the mines, lol. My current game, I think I may have gotten just one, maybe 2.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I looked up the chances of getting is 1/100. Yet for the last seven mornings I wake up to find one on my farm. ...and I already have four. The last one was placed in a garden plot and the junimo's looked confused. Why am I getting so many of these, especially if they have no significance. I guess I'll have to figure out something unusual to do with them. :hmm:

imnvs

Local Legend
Why am I getting so many of these, especially if they have no significance.
Inordinate luck.

And if you want to do something with them? Decorate your animals' pasture. Putting down a statue on top of a tile of grass prevents animals from eating that grass. That means that nightly there is a chance for that grass to spread. Put down a grid of statues (lots of other folks use fence posts, but I prefer statues) spaced so that you can ride your horse through them (so with 2 tiles of space between them, and I do that north/south too even though it's not needed for me to get through) so that there is always space around them (if the animals have eaten that far) for that grass protected by the statue to spread to.

Elenna101

Farmer
I looked up the chances of getting is 1/100. Yet for the last seven mornings I wake up to find one on my farm. ...and I already have four. The last one was placed in a garden plot and the junimo's looked confused. Why am I getting so many of these, especially if they have no significance. I guess I'll have to figure out something unusual to do with them. :hmm:
Okay, yeah, if you're literally getting one a day for a week that sounds like a bug.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
Inordinate luck.

And if you want to do something with them? Decorate your animals' pasture. Putting down a statue on top of a tile of grass prevents animals from eating that grass. That means that nightly there is a chance for that grass to spread. Put down a grid of statues (lots of other folks use fence posts, but I prefer statues) spaced so that you can ride your horse through them (so with 2 tiles of space between them, and I do that north/south too even though it's not needed for me to get through) so that there is always space around them (if the animals have eaten that far) for that grass protected by the statue to spread to.
Great suggestion! I might as well make good use of them.