Stone fence keeps collapsing

Miretar

Planter
I was repairing some stone fencing and every time I replaced the damaged part it collapsed immediately. Also each time I made a repair that broke another piece of fence would break.

Epoch

Greenhorn
Are you sure it's the same and not the one a block on the left or right? I swear when it's my stone fences are starting to die, it takes me two weeks while they appear one by one, randomly through the day, I feel like I'm only fixing things when it starts -_-

Miretar

Planter
No it was the same fence. In 5 minutes of real time, the same section of fence kept collapsing. Everytime I repaired it, it collapsed before my eyes and more sections of fences went down. my farmer was running around like a cartoon character trying to make repairs.

The point, however, is now moot. I assumed the game was glitching. So I did what everyone says to do in that situation on iOS. I deleted and reinstalled the game. I wasn’t worried. I had deleted Stardew before without backing up any saves. When I returned after a 2 year or ore hiatus my farms were still there. I even took the precaution of baking up one of the farms to the Cloud. I forgot to back up my main farm, a magnificent 16 year farm with 27 lava eel ponds. That was before I knew that Stardew does not support iOS Cloud backups

When I reinstalled both farms were gone.

imnvs

Local Legend
When I reinstalled both farms were gone.
Ouch.

Honestly, this is one reason I don't do much for fencing. The checks seem weird, and they're never timed well. If all of my "fences" are just tea bushes, all I need fenceposts for is on either side of a gate. Literally, this means only 2 fenceposts per gate on my farm... that's all. That means that when my spouse, and I try to marry quickly, occasionally repairs some fences, there are so few fences that s/he is always repairing the same few fenceposts and they never deteriorate.

I mean, shoot, I don't need the Golden Clock to make my fences not degrade. All that thing is good for is preventing weed growth.

slainidth

Greenhorn
I know it's a little bit late but recently my fences keep breaking down even in the next moment after I replace them, like in front of my eyes I can see them breaking. Also, I have to replace them every day cause 80% of them break down every other day. I must add that I do not have stone fences, I have wood fences but still! I know because I use wood I have to replace them more often but not like every day! Initially, I thought that it may be a bug? Cause it's like my 5 year in the game and this thing never happened before. Is anyone having the same problem now?

imnvs

Local Legend
I know it's a little bit late but recently my fences keep breaking down even in the next moment after I replace them, like in front of my eyes I can see them breaking. Also, I have to replace them every day cause 80% of them break down every other day. I must add that I do not have stone fences, I have wood fences but still! I know because I use wood I have to replace them more often but not like every day! Initially, I thought that it may be a bug? Cause it's like my 5 year in the game and this thing never happened before. Is anyone having the same problem now?
Late to the party or not, it is the same issue, so necroing the thread isn't going to get you in trouble. Don't worry.

Next thing's next... are you also playing on iOS like Miretar is/was?

If you haven't lost your saves and can still troubleshoot, have you tried tearing down that section of fence and placing an entirely new piece there?

...and no, I'm not seeing it on PC. I've mentioned a possible reason why already, and that holds mostly true. (Marry quickly, mostly hardwood, very few fenceposts.)
Also, if you don't want a ton of tea trees, lightning rods work too and protect the farm.
Tbf, those are pretty expensive to use for fencing, and the resources used for them are not as easy to farm as the ingredients for other things. Additionally, tea bushes... who would not want them? I mean, if you don't want to brew the tea, you don't have to harvest the tea leaves. 😉 And they're really cheap to to get the ingredients for them.
Also trellis plants
Love how you replied to a necroed thread without replying to the person that necroed the thread. 😅😂🤣

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
Love how you replied to a necroed thread without replying to the person that necroed the thread. 😅😂🤣
I mean, i have nothing to add to the topic of fences collapsing and stuff like that, but if we're talking about using plants as walls then trellises aren't a bad idea, lol.

p.s.- i wasn't looking at dates D;

imnvs

Local Legend
I mean, i have nothing to add to the topic of fences collapsing and stuff like that, but if we're talking about using plants as walls then trellises aren't a bad idea, lol.
It will definitely work in the short term, but there is the issue that no trellis plant will last beyond a season.

slainidth

Greenhorn
Late to the party or not, it is the same issue, so necroing the thread isn't going to get you in trouble. Don't worry.

Next thing's next... are you also playing on iOS like Miretar is/was?

If you haven't lost your saves and can still troubleshoot, have you tried tearing down that section of fence and placing an entirely new piece there?

...and no, I'm not seeing it on PC. I've mentioned a possible reason why already, and that holds mostly true. (Marry quickly, mostly hardwood, very few fenceposts.)

Tbf, those are pretty expensive to use for fencing, and the resources used for them are not as easy to farm as the ingredients for other things. Additionally, tea bushes... who would not want them? I mean, if you don't want to brew the tea, you don't have to harvest the tea leaves. 😉 And they're really cheap to to get the ingredients for them.

I'm playing on PC and haven't had troubles with my saves. Also, the thing is sometimes it disappears completely so many times I had to place that section on the ground but maybe I could try to tear the entire fence down and rebuild it after one day or two and see if it still happens or I will just install a mod that will keep my fences from breaking down :)) Thank you so much for helping!