Steam Cloud Saves on Switch

bentongo

Farmhand
Steam Cloud Saves would be great on Switch. I am not a game developer so I cannot comment on how easy this is to implement, however, it has been done in games like the Witcher 3 among other titles. Cloud saving has always seemed to be a much requested feature for Stardew Valley and I think this option would be a great first step towards it. Using Steam Cloud Saves seemingly alleviates many issues related to other suggested forms of cloud saves; hosting servers, creating an account system, etc, only requiring the user to have a Steam account. I think this would be a great addition to the game and would allow for many people, including myself, to finally be able to enjoy Stardew Valley when away from home.

Last edited:

Snesonix

Sodbuster
I think this needs servers from eric and he dosent has the money for making thousends of servers for cloud saves so you can "switch" your farm around on different plattforms

bentongo

Farmhand
I think this needs servers from eric and he dosent has the money for making thousends of servers for cloud saves so you can "switch" your farm around on different plattforms
Steam Cloud Saves, to my understanding, are hosted by Valve. The only requirement would be implementing Steam login within the Switch version of the game for access.