Starting second year advice

Benhimself

Rancher
If you're still working on the Community Center, and are using spoilers (or, half the time, just reading item descriptions) definitely check and make sure you get everything you need each season. Not just crops, but foragables, fish, etc. Nothing's more awkward than realizing you'll have to wait another year because you sold all your gold-quality parsnips.

Also, spoiled for a mild potential surprise basically right after you wake up on your first day of year 2:
you meet a new NPC, Kent, and I didn't realize it on my first playthrough but his birthday is RIGHT around the corner. Don't miss it if you're trying to make friends with everyone!

Odin

Staff member
Try to craft quality sprinklers or upgrade your watering can as much as possible so you can plant more crops. The start of year 2 is also a good time to review what you have left to donate to the community center. Some items can only be acquired in specific seasons and if you plan it out at the start of the year and really focus you'll likely be able to complete it by the end of the year :)

Xcandixkitx

Farmhand
If you're still working on the Community Center, and are using spoilers (or, half the time, just reading item descriptions) definitely check and make sure you get everything you need each season. Not just crops, but foragables, fish, etc. Nothing's more awkward than realizing you'll have to wait another year because you sold all your gold-quality parsnips.

Also, spoiled for a mild potential surprise basically right after you wake up on your first day of year 2:
you meet a new NPC, Kent, and I didn't realize it on my first playthrough but his birthday is RIGHT around the corner. Don't miss it if you're trying to make friends with everyone!
I always try to keep everything I make/farm. Community center is definitely my priority for this year.

Xcandixkitx

Farmhand
Try to craft quality sprinklers or upgrade your watering can as much as possible so you can plant more crops. The start of year 2 is also a good time to review what you have left to donate to the community center. Some items can only be acquired in specific seasons and if you plan it out at the start of the year and really focus you'll likely be able to complete it by the end of the year :)
I have quality sprinklers and I upgraded my can to gold. I havent found any iridium at all but when I do I plan to make the best quality sprinklers.

Odin

Staff member
I have quality sprinklers and I upgraded my can to gold. I havent found any iridium at all but when I do I plan to make the best quality sprinklers.
Most people aren't going to have iridium at the start of year 2 so don't worry there, and quality sprinklers are still really handy :)

soupyboot

Cowpoke
I would suggest if you have the resources, to invest in kegs and hops. I've made the most money by automating with sprinklers, planting as many hops in summer as humanly possible, and getting as many kegs to process it into pale ale.

I store up all my hops harvested from summer and even process into fall, you could also do the coffee route in spring (but the money isn't great.) Another positive is that within those breaks of fermenting/growing you can work on the community centre/mines/relationships or whatever else.

soupyboot

Cowpoke
I would suggest if you have the resources, to invest in kegs and hops. I've made the most money by automating with sprinklers, planting as many hops in summer as humanly possible, and getting as many kegs to process it into pale ale.

I store up all my hops harvested from summer and even process into fall, you could also do the coffee route in spring (but the money isn't great.) Another positive is that within those breaks of fermenting/growing you can work on the community centre/mines/relationships or whatever else.
I used my hops as my moneymaker, and the rest of my crop/animals to finish the community center, complete achievements, and as gifts. As well I wanna add that I store all my kegs in the quarry, but it might be wise if you go down this path to use a barn instead!