Solved StardewXnbHack 1.0.4 not working

LilyFlower48

Newcomer
Hi I'm new to coding and I'm trying to download everything necessary to get started. I've been trying to unpack the files from Stardew Valley using StardewXnbHack 1.0.4, but every time I try to open the file, it says that something went wrong and the screen quickly closes. I've unzipped the file, and moved it to the same one that holds StardewValley.ex, but it still isn't working. I've looked through multiple articles to see if I can find the problem, but have come up with nothing. Can anyone try to tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'd really appreciate it. Let me know if you need me to include any more information or images.

Kreeate

Rancher
Hi I'm new to coding and I'm trying to download everything necessary to get started. I've been trying to unpack the files from Stardew Valley using StardewXnbHack 1.0.4, but every time I try to open the file, it says that something went wrong and the screen quickly closes. I've unzipped the file, and moved it to the same one that holds StardewValley.ex, but it still isn't working. I've looked through multiple articles to see if I can find the problem, but have come up with nothing. Can anyone try to tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'd really appreciate it. Let me know if you need me to include any more information or images.
Hi,

Which version of Stardew Valley are you using? Also, which version of SMAPI do you have installed?

LilyFlower48

Newcomer
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I was trying to figure out how to take a screenshot. I'm using a new laptop and I'm not used to it yet. And yes I did download StardewXnbHack from that website

Kreeate

Rancher
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I was trying to figure out how to take a screenshot. I'm using a new laptop and I'm not used to it yet.
No problem. From the screenshot I can see that StardewXnbHack is not placed in the correct folder.
To find your game folder, you can have a look here --> https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Player_Guide/Getting_Started#Find_your_game_folder

Then copy StardewXnbHack.exe to the game folder. It will have similar files in it as my screenshot.

LilyFlower48

Newcomer
Oh wow that makes a lot of sense. Like I said I am obviously very new to modding and had no idea what a game folder was. Thank you so much!