Resource icon

StardewFinnish 1.3.0.

phqnix

Greenhorn
Hello.
My wife and i have started playing Stardew valley, but it gets a little tough for my wife, since she ain't good at english.
I was wondering if it's possible to translate the game to danish, by my self.
Im not a modder or anything. But i've seen it seems like it's possible to edit .json files with the text, but i can't find the standard english ones to translate. I ain't sure if it's even possible to apply .json files to the stardew valley folder for it to instant work?
If you have any idea how i can do this easily, please give me an advice.
Thanks. :)

*EDIT: It's only for the dialogues btw.

Quirinea

Farmer
The .json files are packed inside the .xnb-files. You need a tool called xnbcli which can extract most of them
https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Editing_XNB_files gives a link.
I recommend starting with
and searching there.
I have packed the files back (save those that xnbcli cannot handle), but that is not obligatory.
As I said in that other thread, there is a lot of text. Even if you take just the dialogues and maybe event dialogues (BTW those files are horrible: one event is one logical line with dialogue and screen instructions following each other separated by slashes and marked by quotation marks. Skip one or add an extra and you get a mess...)

phqnix

Greenhorn
The .json files are packed inside the .xnb-files. You need a tool called xnbcli which can extract most of them
https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Editing_XNB_files gives a link.
I recommend starting with
and searching there.
I have packed the files back (save those that xnbcli cannot handle), but that is not obligatory.
As I said in that other thread, there is a lot of text. Even if you take just the dialogues and maybe event dialogues (BTW those files are horrible: one event is one logical line with dialogue and screen instructions following each other separated by slashes and marked by quotation marks. Skip one or add an extra and you get a mess...)
Your help is much appreciated.
Yea im not surprised it's such a mess. :S But i will give it a shot. Hopefully in the future my wife will send warm hugs. ;)