Windows STARDEW VALLEY KEEPS CRASHING WHEN I PRESS LOAD IN THE TITLE SCREEN

Marinara Suace

Greenhorn
Only yesterday my game started crashing when I hit load on the title screen. I searched up answers and tried various solutions. All of which being:

Updating a driver and then restarting my PC

Starting a new game (It will let me play the new game as I play it for the first time but when I close that game and try to reload it from the load in the title screen, it will once again crash my game)

Deleting all my save files

Deleting all game files and revalidating and them

Setting launch options

Downloading XNA installer

Updating d3d9.dll

Plugging in earbuds

Deleting and reinstalling Steam

Factory Resetting PC

None of these have worked. My last option is to factory reset my PC but even that has been buggy and I'm not sure it will even work. Please help. I'm at my wit's end. I have an error log and can send it if needed.

Here's a link to the crash as well: https://youtu.be/2Hxlr66p9mY

Last edited:

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
hey, saw your tweet. Can you check the crash logs (located at %appdata%/StardewValley/ErrorLogs) and see if there is a crash log associated with this event? If so, can you drop it in here or just paste the text in a response here?

Other thing to check: is your hard drive full?

Last edited:

Marinara Suace

Greenhorn
hey, saw your tweet. Can you check the crash logs (located at %appdata%/StardewValley/ErrorLogs) and see if there is a crash log associated with this event? If so, can you drop it in here or just paste the text in a response here?

Other thing to check: is your hard drive full?
This is embarassing, but I eventually figured out the problem. Steam kept readding my corrupt game files. The solution was to backup game files immediately after deleting the saves. Thank you sso much for your time. I really appreciate it! <3