Solved Stardew Valley Doesn't load save anymore

Chongo_Pongo

Greenhorn
So I have been playing stardew since around the start of the pandemic, and I mainly made files just for making nice farms and that kind of thing. A couple weeks ago though, I started a file with only qol (Quality of Life) mods. Today though, I opened up stardew and clicked on my file, it started loading, and then immediately went back to the title screen. I tried going to my saves folder and the file wasn't there, I couldn't find the save-backups folder in the mods folder, tried tons of troubleshooting options, and nothing. I noticed my smapi has a massive error on it that I will post below. Can anyone help me with this? (EDIT: Thought I found a fix by going to another computer with the file synced, but didn't know it would delete the save if I launched the game😥 )
Here is the error

[game] InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 1048573).
---> InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 1048573).
---> System.Xml.XmlException: The 'canBeGrabbed' start tag on line 1 position 1048554 does not match the end tag of 'c'. Line 1, position 1048573.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.InternalReadContentAsString()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadContentAsString()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadElementContentAsString()
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderObject.Read97_Object(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderObject.Read98_Object()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at StardewValley.SerializableDictionary`2.ReadXml(XmlReader reader) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SerializableDictionary.cs:line 113
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, Boolean wrappedAny)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read113_Farm(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read190_GameLocation(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read237_SaveGame(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read238_SaveGame()
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c__DisplayClass95_0.<getLoadEnumerator>b__0() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1494
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
[SMAPI] An error occurred in the overridden update loop: InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 1048573).
---> InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 1048573).
---> System.Xml.XmlException: The 'canBeGrabbed' start tag on line 1 position 1048554 does not match the end tag of 'c'. Line 1, position 1048573.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.InternalReadContentAsString()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadContentAsString()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadElementContentAsString()
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderObject.Read97_Object(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderObject.Read98_Object()
at StardewValley.SerializableDictionary`2.ReadXml(XmlReader reader) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SerializableDictionary.cs:line 113
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, Boolean wrappedAny)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read113_Farm(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read190_GameLocation(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read237_SaveGame(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read238_SaveGame()
at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1510
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 623

Last edited:

Chongo_Pongo

Greenhorn
Btw my mods are:
Vibrant Pastoral Recolor
Kove's Eastern and Western style gold clock
Seasonal Japanese Buildings and Fences
Content Patcher
Content Patcher Animations
Generic Mod Config Menu
Placement Plus
Save Anywhere
ToDew
I also have the xnb version of the anime portaits mod. (Don't have a backup of the characters so if that is the problem could someone send me backups of the character xnb portraits.)