Stardew Valley 1.5 Min-Max Guide

NathanAldenSr

Greenhorn
Hi, all. I've been working really hard on a new min-max guide for Stardew Valley 1.5. The guide is similar in spirit to Zamiell's guide but my guide is much more detailed and comprehensive. Additionally, I have recorded videos for every day in Year 1 that I plan on uploading to YouTube as soon as I get a chance to edit them.

The guide is not yet finished as I have yet to experience the Ginger Island content. I will likely refine the guide at that point.

I hope you find this useful. I had a blast putting this together, but it's been very hard work. Take a look at the commits in the repository if you don't believe me. :wink:

Feel free to submit an Issue or Discussion in the repository if you find any issues.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

NathanAldenSr

Greenhorn
A little bit about my playthrough:

My primary goal was to create the guide. To accomplish this, I did use save file backups since I had to reset days, sometimes several days, in order to correct errors or omissions. I initially started writing the guide trying not to do this, but it became far too time-consuming, especially since I have a family and a full-time job. It's my hope that my guide is thorough enough that you won't miss the stuff I missed.

My biggest issue throughout most of the run was Coal. I simply could not get enough to smelt all the Ore I acquired. It's pretty laughable, actually, how unbalanced Coal acquisition is. At one point I went for the Dust Sprite reward--the Burglar's Ring--which helped a bit, but I was still left farming floor 41 of The Mines over and over on several occasions.

Looking at my Y2-Sp1 backup, it looks like my total earnings were 2,184,655g. However, if I include unsold Pumpkins, Starfruit, and Starfruit Wine (excluding Starfruit in Kegs and Starfruit Wine in 124 Casks), the total balloons to over 6 million G. Including the Keg-bound Starfruit and the Starfruit Wine in Casks, the total is an astounding (to me, at least) 7 million G.

I neglected to plant an Apple Sapling and a Pomegranate Sapling so I wasn't able to reach Ginger Island in Year 1, unfortunately (I recently updated the guide to remind the player to plant those Fruit Trees).

Last edited:

NathanAldenSr

Greenhorn
@BlaDe Not to get off on too much of a tangent, but I just found your Twitch channel. I see that animation canceling is a thing in this game. I might have to redo my guide videos. :cool:

FWIW I'm a software developer of 20+ years myself.

BlaDe

Farmer
Animation cancelling is cool, but not everyone likes to do it. It helps me push the game to the limit though!

Hope you like my content. I quite enjoy digging into the code and using what i learn to do crazy things on vanilla.

Caxafvujq

Greenhorn
Additionally, I have recorded videos for every day in Year 1 that I plan on uploading to YouTube as soon as I get a chance to edit them.
Thanks for the guide! Did you ever end up uploading those videos to YouTube? I've also been struggling with Spring Year 1 following Zammiel's guide (which is how I found your guide). It would be especially helpful to see more detail about early Skull Caverns days when you aren't exactly swimming in bombs.