Solved Stardew Stops All Sound on my Computer

cricketcore

Newcomer
Hello! I have a very odd issue.

A few days ago, I tried to plug my headphones into my computer while playing. I literally never use headphones, theyre just for my phone, but I didn't expect them to cause Stardew to freak out. But I couldnt get them to work so I unplugged them and suddenly my audio was gone! Once I was done with the day I just shut down my computer and went to bed, hoping that restarting it would fix it.

I've been busy so I haven't been able to play for a few days, but afterwards everything seemed to be fine. I just tried to play again though and things are once again going wrong.

So, my audio is completely fine. Has been for days. I open Stardew. Still good on the menu screen. I click my save. Silence. I close Stardew and now my entire computer is not playing audio from my speakers. Note that, if I switch the audio output to my computer's built in speakers, it plays just fine. It seems like, after trying to use my headphones, Stardew is specifically having a problem with my preferred speakers and spreading that issue to the entire computer.

This is extremely bizzare and I have no idea what to do to fix it. Everything I try just doesn't work.

I'd appreciate it if someone was able to help me figure this out. I love Stardew so much and I want to play so bad, but not if it's causing my entire computer to start rejecting my preferred speakers.

cricketcore

Newcomer
UPDATE: i just had to download the new patch of SMAPI. :,] sorry, i assumed it wasnt because of mods but that was kinda silly on my part.